Facebook photos, legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade Partridge

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I didnt know where to post this, so I would like to put photos of the products I use in the salon on Facebook, but I understand that there are some legal issues with doing this, How do I know if i am allowed to use the photo or not, for example to advertise the decleor facial, and OPI lack.....
Another thing is I have a many photos of my work, but the last salon I was at asked me to put them on their facebook when I started, now they are my photos (from nails previous to working at the salon) can I use them or do I have to start over again, Its a new facebook page and the last girl never took photos of her work....

I would contact the companies. As an account holder you should have rights to use their images-there might be restrictions regarding them i.e.making sure the company still has the rights to them and they are not old images. Companies should be able to give a cd with approved images or access to online gallery.
I'm not sure about your own pictures of products-I think there's no restrictions there. At the end of the day they are your stock

Thankyou for your help, I will get in contact with them all!

Agree with previous poster about formally asking permission to use the company stock advertising photos.

If the photos are work you have done outside of your employment with the salon, they are yours to do with as you please (assuming your clients are happy for them to be posted on the net).

If you took photos of your work completed whilst employed in a salon, they really belong to the salon and you would need their permission to use them. However, in your post you mention your previous salon asking to use photos of work completed prior to your employment for their advertising purposes. If you are no longer working there, you could ask them to remove them from their FB or website pages.

Latest posts

Back