Facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angone

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone help??? I was thinking of having a page on facebook for my salon, how do I go about doing this? Do I have to add myself as a group? I have my own personal facebook page but not sure if its the same for a business or if you're even allowed to do this!

Its ok, i looked closer and discovered all by myself lol!

lol that was quick my friend has just done it for her salon give it a shot gl

Hi all

Can anyone help??? I was thinking of having a page on facebook for my salon, how do I go about doing this? Do I have to add myself as a group? I have my own personal facebook page but not sure if its the same for a business or if you're even allowed to do this!

I would be interested to hear how you get on using Facebook to advertise your business, as social networking sites such as facebook, twitter etc can be generate alot of business interest if done correctly.

I have my salon on facebook but haven't had any business from it as yet. Would love to know how you get on and to see if there is something i should be doing that maybe i'm not:irked:

I tried something on facebook last week - it didnt work for me but it may work for you.

I created an event on facebook for the 15th march which was a day for half price spray tans just one day. They can either chose to attend, maybe come or decline and once they have said they are attending you either message them or they call you and you arrange a time etc. Add all your friends to the event and get them to invite all the people on their friends list etc etc

I didnt get anything from it but maybe it was wrong timing etc but i will give it a go again soon

its free so worth a try!x

Yeah I agree, its free so in my spare time I'll just keep adding messages to all the friends i add! Worth a try!

i've created a group for my mobile nail business on facebook, its great for keeping my clients up to date with special offers and letting them know about new treatments without having to print off loads of flyers x

I've just created a group for my Nail Business. I then invited all of my friends to join and asked them to carry on inviting people. So far on there I've scanned in a copy of my price list and upload it as a photo so everyone can see what I'm offering. I'll also written a bit about what I offer, where I'm based, the fact that I'm also mobile, times I work etc.

I've had a few enquiries already and I don't actually start trading until next weekend. You also have the option to "send a message to all of the group" - I did this and reminded them that I'm starting up soon and to get booking appointments - 2 more interested last night.

It's free so why not!!!!! Great marketing tool I think. going forward I will use it to send out info about future prodcuts i.e. Minx when I've completed the training next month. I also can upload photos of my work so people can actually see what I can do.

Do it - it only takes about 15 mins and then it's done but best of all...... IT'S FREE MARKETING!!!!!

Kirsty

ive got a group for my salon on facebook and if clients see me on line they are full of questions, about services I get at least two or three bookings a week on facebook
hth

oops i think ive just added it 3 times.... anyone know how to delete it???

Question?

Do you just set up a group or can you have you own page just for you business? The reason i ask this is i dont want every to be able to view by profile:confused:

My partner is a music producer and he uses facebook alot

It works very well for him

Having problems with this! I have set it up 3 times now and i still dont know what im doing, not sure if ive set it up as a group. I want it set up as a business page but it keeps putting my name on it instead of the company name! HELP!

I havent even got changed out of my uniform yet! Been trying to work this out from i got in from work! Had to put myself on as Rayz B Eauty... as if B was my middle name and Eauty was my surname... surely this isnt right! Its probably illegal what im doin! :eek:

Latest posts

Back