Facial electrics/Caci?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
I'm NVQ qualified and level 3 in certain massage treatments but at the time of studying (for some stupid reason) never became qualified in facial and body electrics. I now think I need at least facial electrics as I want to introduce the Caci facial into my salon, can anyone tell me the best way to go about this?

You can do it part time at a college. It's itec qualification just google itec and they list the colleges registered for courses and go from there.
I did mine only after I finished as a beauty therapist and this was extra 8months (march -nov )

Beauty at your finger tips!

I did a private 2 day course in London, but have the feeling that if you do Caci, you can become qualified in electrical facials at their training. Virtues might know.
I did a 2 day course that cost about £400 and that qualified me to do any electrical facial. Although I initially only did it to use the Environ machine, I then took on a Silhouette dermalift as well, and it covered me for that.

Vicki x

Yes. You are correct Vicki. You don't require any other certification than a general NVQ level two beauty certificate to work with CACI.. and even then they don't check. However, that said it is always best to start with as much knowledge as you can but I found the facial electrical course was approx £500 privately and covered a lot that I would never use, I did my training with CACI bought some electrical facial books recommended to me by Lynne Baker and I've probably learnt more than any college could teach me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for the info, very much appreciated.

Virtue, I think your route seems the best way for me - are you covered with your insurance if you train with Caci and use their machine?

Thank you ladies for the info, very much appreciated.

Virtue, I think your route seems the best way for me - are you covered with your insurance if you train with Caci and use their machine?

Absolutely. It's the certificates of competence from the company you are training with that ensure your cover. ... That said there are criteria for some insurance companies I think BABTEC and the Guild insist you have level three electrical facials also, but I don't use them. I am insured with ABT who are a reputable company and this is not a requirement. I can't see any difference for insurance purpose to be trained in level three electrical facials when what i'm using is just a small part of the course. Sometimes I feel it is just another way to get you to part with your money. My books teach me everything I need to know.

I'm with ABT so that's good, spoke to Caci this morning and they confirmed what you said, training is intense, comprehensive and recognised so that's good.

I've heard some good reviews on Caci and that it's very popular, so hoping I can introduce to the salon and it will be positive. X

I've said it before and I will say it again...any company that takes your money for a machine when you don't have the relevant qualification is just out to take your money.

Brand specific training on one specific unit is NOT a qualification, and does NOT appear on the QCF framework. If the company you trained with went bust later down the line your certificate would not be worth the paper it was written on.

This industry's standards are rapidly declining and it's largely down to therapists not understanding the importance of a formal qualification which teaches and expects certain standards of practise.

PLEASE go and get a formal qualification (NVQ, VRQ, BTEC, HND etc) before purchasing a machine and going on brand specific training.

I've said it before and I will say it again...any company that takes your money for a machine when you don't have the relevant qualification is just out to take your money.

Brand specific training on one specific unit is NOT a qualification, and does NOT appear on the QCF framework. If the company you trained with went bust later down the line your certificate would not be worth the paper it was written on.

This industry's standards are rapidly declining and it's largely down to therapists not understanding the importance of a formal qualification which teaches and expects certain standards of practise.

PLEASE go and get a formal qualification (NVQ, VRQ, BTEC, HND etc) before purchasing a machine and going on brand specific training.

Have you heard of Caci? It's one of the leading brands with over 20 years in the industry not some two bit company just wanting to take your money, they have a reputation and a good one to uphold and I'm pretty confident they won't go bust!

I've spoken to the company today, In order to purchase the machine you have to have level 2 which includes facials, I'm level 3 just not electrics, they give you comprehensive intense training which is more than what my apprentice received at college - 2 days on an old clapt out machine and still non the wiser, so there's your formal training!! They have told me because their training is second to non it is recognised with all bodies and my insurance is well aware of their training and happy to cover me.

Don't underestimate everyone's levels of competence and intelligence here! I probably know more than most about electrical facials, I am not an 18 year old who's attended college for three years and come out with as much knowledge as I went in with.... Please ...give me a break.

If any of it was challenging I might agree.
Maybe that is what's wrong with the decline in this industry, a four year old could do it most of it....

The day my business starts to fail and I'm found on the 'I can't get clients' thread or I hurt someone or I can't get insured or my common sense disappears I'll be sure to come and find you and tell you how right you were.

I'm confident we'll never speak again, for me you're just wasting your time repeating yourself.

I wonder, would we be able to purchase Calton machines without level three qualifications? I'm pretty sure we would.

Last edited:
I wonder, would we be able to purchase Calton machines without level three qualifications? I'm pretty sure we would.

I didn't mean to cause offence by stating my opinion, I thought that's what this forum was for? Actually, at Carlton Professional we endeavour to ensure that anyone using our equipment DOES have a level 3 qualification or equivalent (BTEC, hnd or similar). Where we are in doubt we ask for proof and if a therapist can't provide it we will not sell to them. The wholesalers who sell our equipment are requested to do the same.

I was most certainly not underestimating your intelligence Virtues, we have had this discussion before, I know you know your stuff and maybe it IS possible to do so without a formal qualification. But I do speak to therapists time and time again who have done exactly the route you have, and have simply not had the education from the company they did brand training with to enable them to understand the underpinning knowledge. I speak from first hand experience, I am not trying to be deliberately difficult no matter what you might think. For most therapists it would be sensible to get a thorough overview before committing to a brand.

All I am trying to do is uphold standards in an industry that I am absolutely passionate about and that is falling into bad habits, please don't be aggressive with me, it's really not necessary.

(And yes of course I have heard of CACI...!!!)

I trained with CACI year ago, I was one of about 8 in the class and only 2 of us were level 3 trained in facial electrics.

I couldn't have done it without my previous training, 2.5 days is just not enough to learn everything. The CACI treatment itself is pretty easy, it's just learning a routine really and anyone can do that! But the background a+p knowledge needs to be known, machine settings, contra indications etc.

If you can get onto a facial electrics course I would really recommend it!! My CACI training was great, but my previous quals made all the difference!

Just to put my 2 cents in here. I trained with Caci with a previous employer. I'm level 3 qualified in facial and body electrics. I did my level 3 about 9 years ago and when it came to training with Caci, I could not remember a single thing. (I would say this is down to very poor training through my college, using battered machines) The support and training I had with Caci was fantastic, and I definitely feel I learnt everything I needed to know to confidently carry out the treatments.

What I'm saying is, just because you hold a level 3 cert in electrics does not necessarily hold you in good stead to carry out these sorts of treatments.

I didn't mean to cause offence by stating my opinion, I thought that's what this forum was for? Actually, at Carlton Professional we endeavour to ensure that anyone using our equipment DOES have a level 3 qualification or equivalent (BTEC, hnd or similar). Where we are in doubt we ask for proof and if a therapist can't provide it we will not sell to them. The wholesalers who sell our equipment are requested to do the same.

I was most certainly not underestimating your intelligence Virtues, we have had this discussion before, I know you know your stuff and maybe it IS possible to do so without a formal qualification. But I do speak to therapists time and time again who have done exactly the route you have, and have simply not had the education from the company they did brand training with to enable them to understand the underpinning knowledge. I speak from first hand experience, I am not trying to be deliberately difficult no matter what you might think. For most therapists it would be sensible to get a thorough overview before committing to a brand.

All I am trying to do is uphold standards in an industry that I am absolutely passionate about and that is falling into bad habits, please don't be aggressive with me, it's really not necessary.

(And yes of course I have heard of CACI...!!!)

I dont take offence as such. Just slightly irritated by these comments. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and I don't fault you for that at all. I am taking it personally to the point of how genuinely easy I find this industry. What is challenging about A&P or anything remotely involved with electrical facials..

All through my NVQ 2 all I ever heard were therapists saying 'how much lotion should I put on' 'Do I pump the bottle twice or just once' .

I suppose I now see your point.

Apologies if you thought I was aggressive.

Well I feel that I am intelligent and more than capable to do the Caci training and become flipping good at it! I didn't do facial or body electrics, however I have an A level in Biology, level 3 in A&P and every massage going and haven't forgotten one bone or muscle in the face, however I had a Grandfather who was an anatomical pathologist so at the age of 13 I saw the inside of a skull and the bone and muscle structure of the face with the skin taken down :), I've seen the inside, upside and outside of the human body ha ha!! So I'm thinking I just need to know the machine inside out and know how to perform the treatment safely with great results!

Well I feel that I am intelligent and more than capable to do the Caci training and become flipping good at it! I didn't do facial or body electrics, however I have an A level in Biology, level 3 in A&P and every massage going and haven't forgotten one bone or muscle in the face, however I had a Grandfather who was an anatomical pathologist so at the age of 13 I saw the inside of a skull and the bone and muscle structure of the face with the skin taken down :), I've seen the inside, upside and outside of the human body ha ha!! So I'm thinking I just need to know the machine inside out and know how to perform the treatment safely with great results!

ha ha good on ya girl...you know more than me......lol

Latest posts

Back