Facial Homework Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alimac

Reaction score
Can any of you more experienced guys help, I have been given the unernoted question for homework and have searched through all the books and can't find the answer.

Q. WHEN USING A FACIAL STEAMER ON A CLIENT WITH DILATED CAPILLARIES, HOW WOULD YOU ADAPT THE USE OF IT?

thanks in anticipation!

to be honest i wouldn't use a steamer on a client with dilated capillaries. You could move it further away???

to be honest i wouldn't use a steamer on a client with dilated capillaries. You could move it further away???
Well these were my thoughts as I can;t see what the benefits are, but as the questions auumes you are already using the steamer I thin kyour answer of moving it further away makes sense. Maybe someone out there could tell us what the benefits would be. I know dilated capilliaries are to do with weakened skin elasticicity and its where capillaries expand when there is a sudden blood rush but they don't contract so capillaries become dilated with lingering blood cells, so what effect would a facial steamer have on that?

what about this for my answer:

• Steaming would be gently cleansing and is suitable for all skin types
• For a client with dilated capillaries the steamer should be placed further away than a client with an oily skin and any areas of high colour should be protected with cotton wool pads to prevent over stimulation of the affected area.

any comments?

what about this for my answer:

• Steaming would be gently cleansing and is suitable for all skin types
• For a client with dilated capillaries the steamer should be placed further away than a client with an oily skin and any areas of high colour should be protected with cotton wool pads to prevent over stimulation of the affected area.

any comments?

The treatment time would be cut down.Treatment would be suitable for most skin types care must be taken with contra-indications.HTH

Latest posts

Back