Facial machine help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geminikelli

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Please bare with me i do like to ramble!

Ok so I opened a salon 2 years ago and had been doing mobile for 10 years, during this time i rarely did facials (im a chatter and dont like quiet treatments!).

But now I have a very busy salon that has therapists and a manager and I only work 1 day a week in the salon and concentrate on the business rather then being a therapist. My staff though all like doing facials.

We currently offer an express and luxury facial using Eve Taylor and Microdermabrasion which is very popular treatment. We rent a Skinbase machine which I cant fault but I feel after 2 years of renting it its time to buy one and ideally move over to Diamond. So I had been looking at different machines and this is where I get stuck.. I basically know nothing about Facial machines and its 14 years since I learnt about Micro Current, Galvanic etc and I dont know where to even start.

I feel like I have read every single posts on here regarding machines which then just confuse me more.. So what Im looking for help on really is:

* What are all these new machines really all about.. RF, Cryotherapy, LED etc
* If I was to purchase say a 6 in 1 machine would I really need all the bits on it
* What has had its day and what is popular nowadays?

I had been looking at the A Lift but then have seen reviews thats its rubbish on wrinkles but good at tone and lifting.. is there a machine that does all 3?

Im looking to spend roughly no more then £5k .. Would this be enough?

Sorry for the long post I just seem to go around in circles and I was going to go book a few treatments elsewhere and do some research but I am very lucky that for my age I have really perfect skin and dont need any help So I cant see this would be of any advantage to me as I would not see any improvement.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks x

Hi, I have just expanded my business. I never did electrical anything, but do a lot of facials, but after my daughter had done microcurrent facials at college, she came home saying "You've got to get one of these". I do Environ facials which are the cornerstone of my business, but Environ and Microdermabrasion don't go together, so I rang them and asked about microcurrent. They said it would work well alongside the Environ products, so I started to look around. Like you, no idea what I was looking for!!! In the same week, I got a special offer email from Silhouette Dermalift, who also provide the college machine, so I had a look and demo. I looked at a few others, but also spoke to a friend with a busy salon on the south coast. She uses Silhouette Dermalift and said it was so good and popular, she had to buy another machine. The day after my demo (I'm nearly 50 but like you have no real problems and have good skin) I was asked twice if I had had work done on my face (never). One client booked a course based on how good I looked after one treatment. Needless to say, I have bought the machine. Have 2 clients in for it tomorrow. Love it!!! Hope that helps!!! Great rep, and British company! Please ask if any questions x

Thanks for your lovely comments (once again) squidgernetball. It's great to hear feedback and see that your clients are equally pleased with the results.

Geminikelli, have you spoken with your current customer base to see what treatments they would like to see you offer?

Machine purchases can be confusing at times but most suppliers will be more than happy to spend time with you evaluating your needs and wants and then take it from there. Obviously I'm unable to speak on behalf of other manufacturers but with Silhouette, training is all included with the machine so even though you may be quite dubious about new treatments, there's always support from our head office and our representatives.

My advice (as always) is to request demonstrations of the machines you're interested in. This gives you the opportunity to see the machine in action, see the results, ask any questions and see whether the service you receive from the representative is up to the standard you would expect when purchasing a machine. Check what support is available regarding aftercare, marketing and servicing and then hopefully you'll have an idea of what treatments, machines and suppliers are the ones for you.

Hope that helps :)

I so want one.How easy are they to do on yourself.A dermalift that is.

Ha ha, keep thinking about this! I'll let you know. My husbands quite keen for me to have a go on him, so might have to teach him to do me (so to speak)!!!!

It's not impossible to perform the treatment on yourself as we have a number of customers who do this.

Squidgernetball, if you try... let us know how you get on :)

Latest posts

Back