Facial steamer problems in treatment room!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
As the title suggests I'm having problems with my facial steamer and the steam during treatment! It's steaming the wallpaper off the walls, ruining the certificates on the wall & in general I come out looking like a frizz bomb! I have an extractor in the window but it doesn't do much. Does anyone else have this problem?! Or can anyone suggest something to counteract the "after" steam? X

It must be kicking out a lot of steam to do that kind of damage!!

What about something like a dehumidifier? I do t have any experience by they draw moisture out of rooms, so theoretically it should donut. I'm just not sure how quick they work.

:)

I haven't steamed for years I used to worry about the thing spitting hot water over the client and unless you steamed for ages making a little tent with a towel it didn't do anything anyway.I now have a hot towel cabi and I wrap hot towels around there faces kind of like a wet cut throat shave.I then also remove cleanser and mask with hot steamy mitts which I get from dunelm you can almost massage with them and clients love it and have never missed the steamer.id say get rid and get a cabbi :)
If you do still use it you need to contain the steam around their faces as I say you have to hold a towel around them to direct and contain it otherwise a powerful steamer will mess up your walls.

I haven't steamed for years I used to worry about the thing spitting hot water over the client and unless you steamed for ages making a little tent with a towel it didn't do anything anyway.I now have a hot towel cabi and I wrap hot towels around there faces kind of like a wet cut throat shave.I then also remove cleanser and mask with hot steamy mitts which I get from dunelm you can almost massage with them and clients love it and have never missed the steamer.id say get rid and get a cabbi :)
If you do still use it you need to contain the steam around their faces as I say you have to hold a towel around them to direct and contain it otherwise a powerful steamer will mess up your walls.

Hi Gillian,
I do also have a double tier hot towel cabbi but because of the skin treatments I offer (Dermalogica) we are taught to steam when cleansing, with some of the exfoliating treatments & extraction etc, I remove mask with a hot towel. It's a relatively new steamer (under 12 months) but I wonder if it's steam out out is too much! Such a pain! Thanks anyway x

It must be kicking out a lot of steam to do that kind of damage!!

What about something like a dehumidifier? I do t have any experience by they draw moisture out of rooms, so theoretically it should donut. I'm just not sure how quick they work.

:)

I'll look into a dehumidifier thanks x

Hi, I use dermalogica too and by the end of the treatment my hair resembles a large black bush! Don't think there's much escape for us as it's such a huge part of our skin treatments. Can't see that there would really be another piece of equipment that would counteract the effect of the steam and still have it actually benefit the client. I now use mineral foundation over the top of my max studio fix so at least my make up still looks perfect even if my hair is a sight! sorry I've been no help whatsoever just wanted to share your pain ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you not turn your steamer down?? Maybe reduce the steam time to around 5 minutes and sit the client up slightly so the steam doesn't blow in your face!

Could you not turn your steamer down?? Maybe reduce the steam time to around 5 minutes and sit the client up slightly so the steam doesn't blow in your face!
My steamer doesn't have a control just one output so I'll try what you've suggested x

Maybe have a little see how much it would cost to buy a new steamer with a control on it?
Might work out cheaper than having to re paper your room!! 🙈

Maybe have a little see how much it would cost to buy a new steamer with a control on it?
Might work out cheaper than having to re paper your room!! 🙈

I'll have a look, do you have one you can recommend? X

Sorry I don't! The ones they use at Dermalogica do have a control on them however it's a full system the steamer is part of! I think the systems are from Carlton institute maybe have a look if they offer stand alone steamers?

Sorry I don't! The ones they use at Dermalogica do have a control on them however it's a full system the steamer is part of! I think the systems are from Carlton institute maybe have a look if they offer stand alone steamers?
I've seen a couple of systems from cosmetronic which look similar to the ones used at Dermalogica - I may invest in ine of these, thanks xx

Latest posts

Back