Facial student questions-can you help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hiya,

I am 8 weeks into NVQ2 Beauty and 3 weeks into facials and would like to pick your brains guys. Those of you that do facials, do you have a steamer machine or do you do it any other way? I am home based as a nail tech so dont need mobile equiptment but am interested to know how you all do these things....hot towels or not????

Also need a product range to start out and dont want to spend a fortune until I can build up a client base. College use skin truth products, what do you think of them? Ellisons do Priadara...whats that like?

Thanks everyone.... Sam X

Hi Sam, I have a portable steamer, bought from Capital. It's fab for what I need, I'm mobile. It is an extra thing to carry but I find it really works.

I also use Skintruth, find the products are really nice to use and clients seem to like them and react well to them. Beauty Express are doing a starter kit for £99 at the moment and it's got everything you need. HTH x

I will use both steamer and hot towels depending on the needs of the client.

i got a good little portable steamer from ellisons its great steam is my fav bit !!

I would get a steamer, I think its worth the money, as your not swirling hot towels around everywhere!! And most clients love the steam part!! (plus u can charge a little bit more)
Whatever you do, dont use solutions from hive beauty, they are vile!! (sorry, but they are!) We had to use that in our first year at college, and we all hated it!
Invest in good products and you will notice the difference and so will your clients after just one treatment.
xxx

Thanks for the advice all of you. Will go online and check them out.
Sam XX

Hiya,

I am 8 weeks into NVQ2 Beauty and 3 weeks into facials and would like to pick your brains guys. Those of you that do facials, do you have a steamer machine or do you do it any other way? I am home based as a nail tech so dont need mobile equiptment but am interested to know how you all do these things....hot towels or not????

Also need a product range to start out and dont want to spend a fortune until I can build up a client base. College use skin truth products, what do you think of them? Ellisons do Priadara...whats that like?

Thanks everyone.... Sam X
Hiya, i would agree with the others a portable steamer can be bought for under £50 and is worth every penny. I use Eve Taylor in my salon and get great results from it, its not an overly expensive line to invest and really is lovely. Alot of the geeks on here use it and swear by it, if you need any details feel free to pm me xx:)

I'm just starting to go mobile properly now but I've been training for about 2 years. Like you, I wanted to invest in a skin care range that wasn't too expensive until my clientele is a bit bigger. I use Priadara from Ellisons and I think it's fab. My clients love it too. You have a lot of retail opportunities from it and they always have offers on their products for stockists. I especially love it because it doesn't have a really strong smell which to me is a big thumbs up.

If you want to know anything more on Priadara before you buy PM me.

HTH x

Latest posts

Back