Facial waxing - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-ela

Reaction score
Hi, I have a woman booked in for tomorrow for facial waxing. Her mother booked her appointment so I have no idea what awaits me. I have completed lip and chin waxing and eyebrows at college, and I am confident in these services. I gather this woman has quite a lot of hair on her jaw and cheeks infront of the hairline.

Does anyone have any tips and tricks for waxing this area?

I will do a thorough consultation and if I am unsure, I will not carry out the treatment, but I would like to help this woman, as I believe she would become a regular client.

Thanks

just wax as you normally would, apply with and remove against ensuring you stretch whilst applying and renoving. Apply the wax nice and thinly and press firmly you will be fine :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a few ladies that like their cheeks waxed aswell as Lip/chin. I would just say to remove a tiny bit at a time. Really stretch the skin on the cheeks (if she wants this bit doing) as obviously its more fatty in those areas. Just one other thing i would maybe include in consultation is to make sure they're not using any steroid creams or anything with AHA's in (I think alot of anti aging creams have AHA's in) Ive seen a few complaints in the past with clients coming back in and saying their skin has grazed/torn and its because they have been using the above. Good luck, i'm sure you will do a fab job xx

Oh and one more thing, if its her first facial wax i sometimes give them a little bit of afterwax to take home with them just in case they're a little sensitive.

Agree with above I have a lot of ladies that get their cheeks & chin waxed and I wax small bits at a time!
I find facial hair especially cheeks and chin tend to grow in all different directions so bit by bit works best for me.
Also be sure to really stretch the skin tight before you pull the strip a the cheeks are very sensitive and the skin is very loose!
I also have a few ladies the get right up tier sideburns waxed, again small bits at a time :)
Hope this helps :)
Xxxxz

Thanks for your help geeks, I'll let you know how I get on. I did think about the facial creams so I will ask lots of questions.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back