Facials & added nice bits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to put a glass bowl with stones and a floating flower in, fill with hot water and add a couple of drops of chosen oil then place under the couch so when the client looks through the face hole there greeted with a lovely sight and smell! :) x

Love it!!

We put few drops of lavender oil in the water feature and use a SAD light in treatment room, works wonders x

bumping this amazing thread!

I do a foot cleanse 1st with any massage/facial. Just warm the clients feet up with a steam towel & essential oil, then do a few stretches, I find this really relaxes them first.

When the mask is on I ask my client if they would like a hand/foot/scalp massage... Just gives them that 'special option'

Great thread Matthew!

Loving the tabs from Ellisons, fab idea, Matt.

Just assembled a clear glass bowl with floating petals and tealights, popped in a couple of drop of essential oil and added piping hot water - our 'test' client thought it really added to her experience so thanks for the top tips.

We have also started offering all our massage and facial clients a beautifully arranged plate with a small bowl with a very small amount of fruit - just a couple of mouthfuls ie 2 slices of mango and a spoonful of pomegranate seeds or blueberries - and a 'Chinese' spoon with either a small dollop of Greek youghurt with a drizzle of honey or a small ball of sorbet. Have to be quick with the sorbet though :)

has anyone got any nice touches for pedicures?

Good idea Charlie :)

I have rose petals in my foot bowl along with essential oils & I offer hot chocolate, latte or champagne

oooh hot chocolate sounds good. i do petals and oils anything else? xx

some nice points here.

I use steamed mitts for nearly every sequence.
I also never leave the client, and apply pressure points to the face and scalp over the mask.

If its a cold day I give the clients a heated wheatbag on the soles of the feet and I've also got hand held ones too, but I quite often heat some stones up, put them in dry mitts and give them to the clients to hold.

I use seashells in massage so plan to implement them into the facials.

What do you do with the seashells?

I went to excel this weekend and got one of the orbs - it is so good! Using it to heat my products for facials - particularly oils are great. Just an idea!

where can you buy one of these from now?

What do you do with the seashells?
I do a full body massage with natural seashells that I gently heat up. I also use the shells to place around the body and on the body. similar process to placing crystals on and around the body, and warm stones to massage with.
Some lovely unique touches that only natural seashells can produce.

I also use warmed bamboo on the face and am working on a longer sequence at the moment.

I always start my facials with a 10 min back massage, clients always say
"ooh I wasnt expecting that!"

I have a heated blanket and do a hand/arm massage while mask on.

Going to look for a hot towel cabinet, any recommendations?

After scouring everywhere the most reasonable priced towel box I could find was on EBay. Exactly the same make as previous salons I've worked in, it's fab

I do a full body massage with natural seashells that I gently heat up. I also use the shells to place around the body and on the body. similar process to placing crystals on and around the body, and warm stones to massage with.
Some lovely unique touches that only natural seashells can produce.

I also use warmed bamboo on the face and am working on a longer sequence at the moment.

Sounds lovely :)

Bumping this great thread!

So pleased I seen a link to this thread on another thread. Some great ideas in here!

Latest posts

Back