facials and massage product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As some of you know I have decieded to get back slowly and surely into facials. I am starting with basic 30min facials. First client is in the morning and I just realised that the skincare products I used to use had a facial massage cream wich I used to massage all the way down on the chest area. BUT this new range I am going to be using does not have a specific massage cream product - what do I do?

Is it a cream or oil you used?Maybe you could use something else within your new range.There must be something in the range you are using that is for massage.What range are you using?

Do you have any grapeseed or sweet almond oil? Some of these are readily available in supemarkets here in the UK but dont know about SA.

Is it a cream or oil you used?Maybe you could use something else within your new range.There must be something in the range you are using that is for massage.What range are you using?

Hi

I used in the past a cream based product.

I am using a range called Avroy Shlain. It just the cleansers, toners, exfoliators, moistures ect no specific product.

Do you have any grapeseed or sweet almond oil? Some of these are readily available in supemarkets here in the UK but dont know about SA.

Hi

I have both sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil. Will this be ok to use? wont it be to oily? When would i incoroprate the oil.?

Hi

I have both sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil. Will this be ok to use? wont it be to oily? When would i incoroprate the oil.?

At college we were taught to use these for most of the facial massages and had to also be assessed in using them as part of the range.

Put a small amount of the oil in the palm of your hand and coat both of your hands so there is plently of oil on them but not so the oil is dripping off. You sometimes have to put more oil onto your hands after the first effleurage movement.

HTH

Prior to the range i use now i used to use sweet almond oil it was fine and i applied it before a mask, hth x

You would do your massage before your mask so the mask will remove any residue of oil.

Eve Taylor do some wonderful oils,all for different skin types,and pre -blended.Maybe have a look at their website.HTH

thanx guys, but I am not going to be masking tomorrow. I am going to be cleansing, toning, exfoliating, eye cream, treatment product for age, moitureise. is this ok for a 30min facial and in this case when do I use the oil.

thanx guys, but I am not going to be masking tomorrow. I am going to be cleansing, toning, exfoliating, eye cream, treatment product for age, moitureise. is this ok for a 30min facial and in this case when do I use the oil.

I would say after exfoliating and before eye cream and moisturiser. Sometime if there is still an excess of oil left after the message you can remove with damp cotton wool/sponges. I would probably tone again before moisturising too!

I would say after exfoliating and before eye cream and moisturiser. Sometime if there is still an excess of oil left after the message you can remove with damp cotton wool/sponges. I would probably tone again before moisturising too!

thank you so much, I didnt reaize how nervous I would be to get back into facials. thank you

:zzz:
thank you so much, I didnt reaize how nervous I would be to get back into facials. thank you

Remember to relax as you do the treatment and you will enjoy it as much as the client will! I love doing facials!

will let you know how it goes. thank you once again. chat tomorrow.

Hi,
I hope all went okay with the facial. I'm sure it did! :biggrin:
When i was trained with Thalgo, they didn't have a facial massage cream or oil, but trained us to massage with their nighttime cream, which was quite rich. Sometimes, to add a little slick we would add a few drops of a base oil or almond oil, but it worked okay. Perhaps that's the same basis with the range that you are using?

i have used both sweet almond oil and grapeseed oil to massage with and they were both fine x,

Latest posts

Back