facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
hi there

I have recently stared doing facials again. I was concentraing more on nails and airbrushing. I have done a refresher, but I was shown that client lies down on the plinth and you work neatley as not to mess on her top. But when I used to do facials I would supply the client with a towling long boob tube so her shoulders are exposed and I work down to shoulders. so seeing this where the client says in her top has thrown me a bit. what do you do?

I always ask the client to remove all tops and bra straps so i can work on their shoulders and chest.

What do you mean by plinth? (sorry if i'm being a bit daft!)

The best way not to mess the client's top up is to ask her to remove it! Then use towels/blanket to cover her up.
I think plinth means couch.

i agree with rouge, i ask my clients to remove thier top competely and to take thier arms out of thier bra straps and fold the straps down so i am able to get to her shoulders easily and then cover them with a blanket . I also leave the client for a couple of minutes to get ready, i know some therapists stay in the room with the client but when i have treatments done myself, it makes me feel uncomfortable and sometimes rushed having the therapist stood there while i get undressed and clamber on to the couch!
HTH xx

Yes I leave them to get ready by themselves too. I explain what I want them to do then tell them I'm going to wash my hands and leave them to it. If they're a regular client, they usually start stripping off before I have a chance to get out the door!!

Yup, I get clients to remove their top and bra straps and give them a towel to wrap round ... how would I do a proper massage if their arms and shoulders were still covered. However, some of the facials I do are aimed only at the face and neck and don't incorporate a massage, so if they have suitable clothes on for this then I don't ask them to get undressed.

I always ask the client to remove all tops and bra straps so i can work on their shoulders and chest.

What do you mean by plinth? (sorry if i'm being a bit daft!)

plinth is a massage bed.

thanx everyone that is what i was thinking.

Latest posts

Back