FAKE BAKE....after the application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1234

Reaction score
hi geeks

i have just done a search but i cant seem to find the answer i am looking for. I had a client 2 weeks ago book in for a fake bake cream application, i did every thing as it should be done gave him his home care advice and off he went. he went on holiday the next day so i only heard from him tonight..he said that he showered too much in the morning and it all came off and no tan was left :irked: do you think this could be the way i applied it?
or the soap he used may be?

he has booked in again for thursday evening so i want to be able to give him the correct advice and make sure that the same thing doesnt happen.
Also what would be the best advice shower wise? I always say let the water run clear and then very mild shower gel and not had any problems before now well not that i know of...i used to do st. tropez and this was the advice i gave then.

any help with this query would be much appreciated

maria x

Hi Maria,

On the Fake Bake Advice Slips - they advise not to use any soap in the morning, just wash off, and lightly use a flannel if you wish. Make sure your client didn't wash their hair with shampoo because this may have affected the result, but I doubt that it was your application of the product. Hope this helps.

I'M sure your application was fine and as you never saw him you can't really be sure what the results were!

If the tan didn't take as he says was he on medication of any kind? as this could maybe be a factor too.

Go ahead with your application when he comes in and advise him to shower until the water runs clear and just wash the bits he needs to wash with a mild oil free shower gel and just let the water run over the rest of his body :hug:

Good luck and don't worry yourself.

As the other posters have said, your client must not use shower gel when they wash off the guide colour. Soaps/shower gels/body washes willl alter the skin's pH, which will in turn affect the tan.
Also, call me cynical, but you have no proof that his tan came off; it was 2 weeks ago and he's been on holiday since. Most clients are genuine people, but you do get the odd one or two who will try it on in the hope of a freebie.
When I Fake Bake my husband I'm always knackered afterwards as you have to ensure that you rub it in very well past all that hair!

As the other posters have said, your client must not use shower gel when they wash off the guide colour. Soaps/shower gels/body washes willl alter the skin's pH, which will in turn affect the tan.
Also, call me cynical, but you have no proof that his tan came off; it was 2 weeks ago and he's been on holiday since. Most clients are genuine people, but you do get the odd one or two who will try it on in the hope of a freebie.
When I Fake Bake my husband I'm always knackered afterwards as you have to ensure that you rub it in very well past all that hair!

thanks for the advice, i will tell him not to use soap in the morning....i did say only use it on parts that need to have it used on lol ...didnt think about the shampoo though...it was the first time i have faked tanned a man (hubby wont let me do it for him lol) and the client did have very hairy legs as well so will make double sure its rubbed in properly. He's not on any medication he is in perfect health so i know that cant be a factor.
thank you all once again i will let you all know how it goes on thursday

maria x

Latest posts

Back