Fake Bake Original & Dark Solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemjem33

Reaction score
Hi,
Ages since I've posted on here. I decided to purchase the offer at pro beauty on Original & Darker solution tans. This is after great feedback from client who have had tans with this solution including myself.
Only problem is now I'm using the dark solution it's not developing??? After one negative feedback I sprayed three girls all with 50ml each (I've tanned for several years so can spray using less if needed!) I was horrified to see one of the girls who was super pale but insisted on the dark tan and she barely looked tanned! 🙈 she was happy though as was sun kissed! The other girl text to say it's hardly taken she LOVES. A dark tan! Has anyone else experienced this? I'm actually gutted by this as I had the original spray and loved it! Any feedback appreciated!

Yes i am having the same problem. Ive used fake bake on and off for many years (i stock a few brands) . I stopped stocking it with all the distribution problems, then a rep dropped by a few months ago so i bought a few gallons of the dark. I am 100% sure the solution has changed. It has the same dark color guide, same smell, but when washed off there is simply no tan. I have been tanning for well over 10 years, so i know we are spraying correctly, it just does not take. It used to be a lovely dark tan, with a great wear off, it now seems to be missing one vital ingredient, DHA. x

I use the darker solution the fairly new limited edition one, which has been sold since the take over of fake bake.

It has a brand new smell, & a new bottle.

Although it isn't as dark (well to be honest ive stopped using the sunbeds) so that wont help with my over all colour Ive never had it not take, none of my clients have complained & I tan a couple of friends weekly who I see & they always look tanned.

Why not call Fake bake? It could be a dodgy batch? And other people may be having the same problem. Have your bottle to hand when you call them.

Xx

My rep is due back the middle of this month, so i will sort it out then. I haven't tried the limited edition tan is it better then the original.

Yes mine is the new one limited edition. Only bought at pro beauty north the other week. Will be ringing them Monday for sure as it's no way a dark tan 😩

I took on fake bake only this year and don't find the dark tan particularly dark. I rang fake bake and they said that fake bake is a natural tan, so I still offer la tan to my ladies that like to be darker. I even asked the rep if they sold booster drops. Lol.x

My rep is due back the middle of this month, so i will sort it out then. I haven't tried the limited edition tan is it better then the original.

I dont get a choice its all I get sent!

But it smells lovely, coconut/holiday smell.

Xx

I've just rang them the woman was lovely but they are going to call me back.... I understand it's meant to be natural but there's natural and pale. :-( I would say the original was almost darker tbh! Really wanted this to be the perfect tan for all clients so I don't have to stick different brands x

I've just rang them the woman was lovely but they are going to call me back.... I understand it's meant to be natural but there's natural and pale. :-( I would say the original was almost darker tbh! Really wanted this to be the perfect tan for all clients so I don't have to stick different brands x

Thats interesting since ive left the salon 1 year ago ive only bought the darker solution. Do you have pics of the original tan developed?

Let us know what they say xx

They haven't called back yet will chase them tomorrow. I don't have any pics.
I've just dabbed a sample of each tan on my stomach to see, know it's not ideal but got two weddings this weekend and next so can't risk a dodgy tan x

Just a quick one those who are using fake bake with good results what's your gun setting on? And how close are You spraying? I've just been told
I need to spray closer than any other tans is this correct?

Interesting , when my rep called she was showing me the mobile machine, and explained you could spray really close with little overspray. I use the st tropez ultimate air , so dont have settings as such, i just adjust my flow, if that makes sense. I never had a problem in the past it is only now. so i am 100% certain something as changed. I dont know if spraying really close would make that much difference, but worth a go. Maybe steve or collin will see this and offer their opinion.

Just a quick one those who are using fake bake with good results what's your gun setting on? And how close are You spraying? I've just been told
I need to spray closer than any other tans is this correct?

I have the mobile fake bake machine so no marked out settings, but its worth a try.

Xx

Ok so I've just sprayed my sister in law with my gun open a bit more and closer to her body. Fingers cross this works! And patch tested on my stomach with that and a few other tans still not convinced

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415717627.607293.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415717627.607293.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Hi All,
I literally have just done my fake bake training yesterday and they advised to go very close with the gun on the minimal setting poss, so the trigger of the gun doesn't have much lee-way.

The trainer also mentioned if you have any probs at all with the lotions to give them a call with the batch number and they can look into this for you.

Hope it's just a bad batch !

Let us know what they say.

Hi All,
I literally have just done my fake bake training yesterday and they advised to go very close with the gun on the minimal setting poss, so the trigger of the gun doesn't have much lee-way.

The trainer also mentioned if you have any probs at all with the lotions to give them a call with the batch number and they can look into this for you.

Hope it's just a bad batch !

Let us know what they say.

That's interesting to know thanks! I opened my gun up more and sprayed closer will try closing it a little but still be close hopefully it will work and not as much wasted solution x

Still not great results... Only way it seems to have any effect is if I'm literally inches away from them and sprays on wet so end up using loads of solution and takes ages for them to dry.... Even then the colour isn't anything to rave about 😩 the staff at fake bake so far have been fab to deal with and is on going x

My rep is due in this week, when she comes i am going to suggest i return all my stock, i do not wont to open another bottle to waste it. Spraying up close as done nothing at all to the final outcome of the tan. I have tried doing 2 coats but to be honest i am not prepared to waste solution or time like that. Something as diffidently changed, it never used to be this light.

My rep is due in this week, when she comes i am going to suggest i return all my stock, i do not wont to open another bottle to waste it. Spraying up close as done nothing at all to the final outcome of the tan. I have tried doing 2 coats but to be honest i am not prepared to waste solution or time like that. Something as diffidently changed, it never used to be this light.

Glad it's not just me.... If you have used it for a while and notice a difference it makes me feel like I'm not going crazy 🙌 it's been driving me mad! I'd say I've lost some regular clients because of this and it's not like I'm hugely busy anyway as its a growing venture for me. I was known as doing the perfect tans and now they are aren't reliable tans. Let me know what they say when you see them! PM me if you prefer! What tan will you use to replace it?x

Latest posts

Back