Fake Bake Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaydream

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I had my first Fake Bake spray tan last night at a local salon and I am loving the results! The colour is gorgeous, the coverage lovely and even - I'm so pleased!

Is it correct that I shouldn't use any shower gel or anything? The girl on reception at the salon mentioned as I was paying that I shouldn't use anything in case it reacts and goes green :eek:! I had a shower this morning and only used shower gel under my arms etc. I'm going out tonight and not sure whether to only use shower gel on the "essentials" or use a bit and risk looking like Grotbags haha!

Any advice would be welcomed :hug:

Amy x

hi in the salon i worked in we used fake bake and from what i know it was make sure not to use shower gel BEFORE tanning or deodrant as it might turn green but after tan has developed you can then shower and wash as normal but try not to use exfoliators, gels etc as much as it can quicken the wearing off the tan but not make it turn green, this was bout two or three years ago when i used to work with it so things may have changed but that was my knowledge on it anyway

Thanks lenna!

Last edited:
You can use shower gel and soap.

What I think she means is:

Do not use any products which contain aha products like dove, firming balms ect these will fade your tan quicker.

When having a tan we dont use doedrant as this can cause colour change but once you have your shower this is fine to use.

Enjoy the shower, I am positive you will not be green.

You need to wash!! Goodness. It is fine to shower as normal after 8 hours of your tan developing.
Befor you go for your tan it is important not to use a shower cream as this will leave a barrier on your skin and your tan wont take aswell. Leave off all deoderant and moisturisers. But once its developed just carry on as normal and remember to MOISTURISE!! to keep yor tan looking tip top.:)

Latest posts

Back