Fake Bake too dark on hands and feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lianect

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a PT student, in my 3rd year Beauty Therapy, and we are learning our final unit, self tan. We are using Fake Bake at college, and had our first go of spray tan last night. I was the model, and had the trainer demostrate on me, so, should have received a good job.
And so, after waking up this morning looking like a pre-op Micheal Jackson, I had a shower and revealed the natural colour of the tan, which I am happy with, apart from my hands and feet! They are shocking! We've been taught the Fake Bake routine, which finishes with a light spray over the hands and feet, but I feel this is too much! Do any of you have any tips, or do you feel the same? I've spoken to my friend, who also had the tan done last night, and feels it's too dark on her hands and feet too. The rest of my body is a nice golden colour, but my hands and feet are BROWN! :(

I have my mum coming in for an assessment tonight, and don't want her to have the same result, so any advice would be grately received.

Thank you,

Liane xxxxxxx

Hello everyone,

I'm a PT student, in my 3rd year Beauty Therapy, and we are learning our final unit, self tan. We are using Fake Bake at college, and had our first go of spray tan last night. I was the model, and had the trainer demostrate on me, so, should have received a good job.
And so, after waking up this morning looking like a pre-op Micheal Jackson, I had a shower and revealed the natural colour of the tan, which I am happy with, apart from my hands and feet! They are shocking! We've been taught the Fake Bake routine, which finishes with a light spray over the hands and feet, but I feel this is too much! Do any of you have any tips, or do you feel the same? I've spoken to my friend, who also had the tan done last night, and feels it's too dark on her hands and feet too. The rest of my body is a nice golden colour, but my hands and feet are BROWN! :(

I have my mum coming in for an assessment tonight, and don't want her to have the same result, so any advice would be grately received.

Thank you,

Liane xxxxxxx
I have only recently started tanning myself, so may not be too much help, are they using a barrier cream? u could perhaps put some barrier cream on them ,it will still tan these areas but it wont grab.
some people on here i hve noticed dont actually spray the hands and feet they just let the overspray get them, perhaps you could try that?
Is it the base of hands and feet or on top?

I don't use Fake Bake so don't know what it is like, but if the hands are too dark then they have probably had too much spray. You will need to go very lightly on this area, or if you wish some people like to use a moisturiser on dry areas to help prevent tan from grabbing. Some tans grab onto dry patches more than others xxx

Barrier cream and pull right back when spraying hands and feet! Although I've also had a fakebake disaster once before! X

Hi there. I trained with Fake Bake and still use their solution. As in the previous a light spray is sufficient but we were also taught to apply oil free moisturiser to the hands, feet, elbows and knees as they tend to be dryer areas and 'grab' the tan. I use fake bake's own for this but if you do a search on here I'm sure you'll find a cheaper alternative. Good luck x

Hi there. I trained with Fake Bake and still use their solution. As in the previous a light spray is sufficient but we were also taught to apply oil free moisturiser to the hands, feet, elbows and knees as they tend to be dryer areas and 'grab' the tan. I use fake bake's own for this but if you do a search on here I'm sure you'll find a cheaper alternative. Good luck x

Aqueous cream. Can buy a big pot from the chemist really cheap (about £1) and does the same job as barrier cream at a fraction of the cost.

If you dont like how dark the solution has gone on certain areas I would rub a little cream into the area before the tan to create a thin film that will slow the absorbtion of the DHA and therefore produce a lighter tan where you've put the cream on.
If there are areas you dont want to tan at all (eg. palms) then apply a thicker layer of cream and wipe away any that is left at the end of the tan.

I use Fake Bake and I spray the hands and feet with smoothie oil, and any dry areas too (such as elbows and knees), then you should be good to go! I know you are still at college but just for future reference, the smoothie oil smells really good so its very easy to retail!

Thanks everyone!!! My application of spray tan was perfect! :) Although, I'm NOT of fan of the spray, it wears off awful compared to lotion FB and St. Tropez! Lotion all the way! :) Cheers xxx

I always find I need to turn the spray gun down so to a lighter setting compared to what I spray on the rest of the body.

I usually point this out to the client - because sometimes their hands look lighter in comparison to their bodies just after I've finished the spray tan - and I always tell them it will develop into the same colour and if not I'll respray hands (haven't had anyone complaining of that yet, touch wood).

Same with feet - always like to do these lightly unless client specifically requests it - I tend to wear tight fitting shoes/heels without socks/tights and find the wear off is not great unless I spray tan these very lightly.

I dont tend to use barrier cream, unless client has very dry skin because I always worry about the tan not taking at all.

Hello everyone,

Thank you,

Liane xxxxxxx

Ive got fake bake on at the minute i apply with a mit and just had 1 quick brush over my hands and feet and it gone on really evenly, i love it!!!!!x

i tend to stand back and do a light spray over but on me my hands and feet look darker anyway because im naturally tanned on them anyway x

Latest posts

Back