Fake Shellac annoying me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly does hybrid mean? I thought it meant it was a mixture between gel and polish. Am I wrong?

No that's right.

The IBD rep from Grafton's told me that Gelac was a hybrid and their new one coming out, Just Gel, is erm...just a gel! She said that this is why people have had problems with Gelac, coz it's a hybrid, whereas the new one will be better coz it's totally a gel.... I dunno what to believe anymore! :eek:

[QUOTE=Nails

This is incorrect. Shellac is a hybrid which means it is half polish half gel. You are right in saying it is not a gel polish though.

If a hybrid is half gel half polish - then is this not the same as a 'gel polish'.

It is all so confusing as there are different types of gels too - and OPI are soon to have two gels - one more of a polish than the original. I guess it could be to do with the marketing of the product. It would be good to have a definitive objective description as to the differences, but I guess the different manufacturers/distributors would have to get together and decide this.

xx

I get it all the time..i have all the shellac colours available and have people come into me and look at the colours and tell me that their friend had a 'bright orange' or 'lilac' colour which CND do not do!!

Very hard at the moment keeping up with the prices that some places are charging..but i have realised just to stay true to the brand and charge what is worth a long lasting shellac manicure!!

Also a couple of clients come to me and get a Shellac manicure in their desired colour and then ask me to paint over in a different colour for a night out..which they then remove with their own non acetone nail varnish! This looks really good and also gives the client a little bit more choice of colour <3

If a hybrid is half gel half polish - then is this not the same as a 'gel polish'.

It is all so confusing as there are different types of gels too - and OPI are soon to have two gels - one more of a polish than the original. I guess it could be to do with the marketing of the product. It would be good to have a definitive objective description as to the differences, but I guess the different manufacturers/distributors would have to get together and decide this.

xx

I received a magazine with the new product OPI is bringing out..cant believe each coat only needs 30 seconds..

Suppose it wont save that much time..because you still have to apply to the whole hand before curing!!

Wonder whats next ha!!

I received a magazine with the new product OPI is bringing out..cant believe each coat only needs 30 seconds..

Suppose it wont save that much time..because you still have to apply to the whole hand before curing!!

Wonder whats next ha!!

I thought it's 30 seconds with an LED lamp, but 2 minutes per coat with UV lamp. I saw a demo of opi gel color the other day.

Latest posts

Back