'Fake tan look'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautIsh

Reaction score
I use nouvatan and LOVE IT!! but I have lost some clients due to it looking to 'natural' not sure if I should accept it or offer a 2nd brand which has the 'fake tan look' as one of the girls put it
anyone had this very strange problem? :p

I stock both Nouvatan and LA Tan for this very reason. I find a lot of my younger clients prefer the brown tan compared to golden as they believe it to be darker. I have to say I love LA too, its not Orange or fake just a deeper colour compared to Nouvatan. Hth x

Ive never had a spray tan but I am hoping to train in the new year. I am sure I would prefer a natural looking tan!!

I switched from crazy angel to cocoa brown and found this issue too. A lot of ladies who love their tan extra dark haven't been in since we switched. I'm thinking of offering both again just to give people the option.

The cocoa brown spray is very very natural so I wouldn't go for that if they want the false tan look. In college when doing sign offs I had 4 spraytans with cocoa brown in one night and it wasn't even that dark!

I have ordered in a bottle of LW rapid tan as I have been sprayed myself with it but if anyone could help me with wording for advertising I would appreciate it all I can think of is -
Sun kissed look and TOWIE look to compare them both to clients lol :)

Interesting i have noticed this to :cool:. Customers who like the natural look go for our Vegan home brand or our Organics range. I just love the Organics range so natural. For our salon owners who have customers that dare to go that darker look they go for our Tandare spray tan solution.

I think its a good idea to have 2 different solutions and cater for all customer needs and preferred tan outcome.

Happy Sunless Tanning

Last edited:
I use nouvatan and LOVE IT!! but I have lost some clients due to it looking to 'natural' not sure if I should accept it or offer a 2nd brand which has the 'fake tan look' as one of the girls put it
anyone had this very strange problem? :p

I totally get what your saying with this problem ...customers hey

Self tan looks and customers needs seem to be changing and ,particularly when there are hard times women like to show the world that in there word all is good and "hey look..i can still afford beauty treatments...just look at me orange tan...i specifically had an orange tan so you could see i can afford one " kind of thing :rolleyes:

In reality spray tans have to a certain degree therefore become a fashion statement in themselves...ti look orange is the look some are specifically aspiring to :rolleyes:

As for me and the different brands I produce we still maintain the philosophy that a spray tan should look as natural as possible :wink2:

In your situation if indeed you are loosing customers who want to look like an orangutan...well give them what they want ..make em so....maybe they will even begin to partake in the odd banana as well :eek::lol::lol:......you have a business to run :wink2:

I have ordered in a bottle of LW rapid tan as I have been sprayed myself with it but if anyone could help me with wording for advertising I would appreciate it all I can think of is -
Sun kissed look and TOWIE look to compare them both to clients lol :)

"get that sunkissed look with LW rapid tan...for those on the go "

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting i have noticed this to :cool:. Customers who like the natural look go for our home brand

Ive see your new "Vegan" range ...looks good...whats the concept with it and all them there custom blend drops you have a goin on with it.

Hi Collin

Vegan seems to be in demand so we decided why not :), and its fully accredited by the PETA foundation, has had great feedback from the sample drops to salons. I would class the results as a natural tan, not the dark look Tandare gives.

We wanted salons and mobile technicians to have access to a fantastic tanning menu. Custom Blend Drops, including Slimming and Anti-Ageing, ultimately increasing salon revenue. You can charge an extra £5 if customer wants anti ageing or slimming custom tan Usually you do not even need to up sell it the customers wants it

By using our tanning menu seen in many spray tan salons in the USA, i think there could be huge rise in revenue for our professional customers. Its something different :)))

I feel Customising your spray tan solution will help keep your spray tanning business unique and provide more than your competition :)))

Collin you should get involved with these TAN-OFF fake tan removal mitts, perfect for anyone who has mistakenly gone for the FAKE TAN LOOK lol

Hi Collin

We wanted salons and mobile technicians to have access to a fantastic tanning menu. Custom Blend Drops, including Slimming and Anti-Ageing, ultimately increasing salon revenue. You can charge an extra £5 if customer wants anti ageing or slimming custom tan Usually you do not even need to up sell it the customers wants it

sounds like a good plan indeed however shame there not available in Vodka and singe malt whiskey variants as I would have requested samples from you for sure :eek::wink2::lol::lol::Grope:

maybe there is an idea for you for your next generation of additives ...10% royalty commissions my way if you do so :wink2::lol::lol:

Good luck with your new concept idea TBW

no problem Boss :)

Last edited:
Messages intended for one person should be taken to PM please.

Meanwhile, back on topic ......

Latest posts

Back