Fake tan not taking as well postpartum?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hi geeks, sorry in advance if I should know the answer to this...

It never really clicked with me that this was when it started until I was chatting with a client who has the same problem. I have quite an olive skin tone & take a natural tan really well, fake tan used to also come out nice & dark on me, much more so than on my friends using the same tan. But since the wee man came along, nearly 20months ago, Id need to apply 2 or 3 coats to get the same effect.

I know hormones can really mess with you, I now have really oily skin etc, but what else have they done to my skin & is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance geeks! Xox

*bump*

Anyone? Lol

Unfortunately your body's never quite the same after kids..I had 3!! It should settle down a bit, but it may be thats just the way it's gonna be..tans are affected quite a lot by hormone balance it would seem..sorry couldnt be more helpful :)

Hi geeks, sorry in advance if I should know the answer to this...

It never really clicked with me that this was when it started until I was chatting with a client who has the same problem. I have quite an olive skin tone & take a natural tan really well, fake tan used to also come out nice & dark on me, much more so than on my friends using the same tan. But since the wee man came along, nearly 20months ago, Id need to apply 2 or 3 coats to get the same effect.

I know hormones can really mess with you, I now have really oily skin etc, but what else have they done to my skin & is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance geeks! Xox

Hormones definately affect the outcome of a tan especially when pregnant and breastfeeding. HRT will also affect the outcome.

I think the main point you have outlined above is that your skin is more oily than before. Therefore, it is imperative your tan is applied as soon as possible after a shower to ensure your natural skin oils don't create a barrier to the solution.

Are you on any medication or using a moisturizing body wash prior to your tan?

Latest posts

Back