FAKEBAKE advice ......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi Ya

Can anyone help me with Fakebake info.....
I am looking to purchase some but im not sure which one to go for ....
I have been told the normal fakebake lotion is good but they also do a fake-bake gold which seems to be a more superior product to the original....help not sure which one would be best... also they do a mousse and lotion ...Which is best? Thanks all xxxxx

Juliexx

Why dont you try some yourself? Thats always a good way of helping you decide. :)

Why dont you try some yourself? Thats always a good way of helping you decide. :)

Well Nicki as much as i would like to splash out on all of their products
i just couldnt afford to buy the different types available, i really wanted to know which ones others have used and what were the results were like, for instance you can buy the beyond bronze from superdrug but the gold version which i am pressuming is a better product you cannot get at superdrug ....
thanks for your reply.

Juliex

Ah sorry I just meant maybe try the lotion, just to get a feel of what their products are like. Ive used the mousse and the lotion. They are both quite nice. would you be using their products for spray tanning or just lotion application?

Ah sorry I just meant maybe try the lotion, just to get a feel of what their products are like. Ive used the mousse and the lotion. They are both quite nice. would you be using their products for spray tanning or just lotion application?

I would be using the lotion, does it give a better effect than the mousse ? or is it the same just a different way to apply ? thanks
Do you use the new one Gold ?

I havent tried the new gold one no sorry, cant help you there. Personally from using fake bake in the salon, I only used the lotion. I would retail the mousse every now and then. But the lotion was what I used most. Its applied in just the same way although the mousse does dry a little quicker, so just need to move a bit faster! When ive used it I prefer the lotion to the mousse, i found the lotion to be a slightly darker result, and kept the mousse for 'upkeep' of the tan. The mousse also has a much lighter fluffy texture. The one thing with fake bake lotion is it is a little muddy looking after being applied, so my clients would worry how they looked when leaving the salon.

Hope this helps :)

I havent tried the new gold one no sorry, cant help you there. Personally from using fake bake in the salon, I only used the lotion. I would retail the mousse every now and then. But the lotion was what I used most. Its applied in just the same way although the mousse does dry a little quicker, so just need to move a bit faster! When ive used it I prefer the lotion to the mousse, i found the lotion to be a slightly darker result, and kept the mousse for 'upkeep' of the tan. The mousse also has a much lighter fluffy texture. The one thing with fake bake lotion is it is a little muddy looking after being applied, so my clients would worry how they looked when leaving the salon.

Hope this helps :)

:hug:thanks nicki just the advice i need, gonna go with the lotion.
thanks so much for your help xxxx

Julie x

Your welcome :hug: Good luck fake baking! Its lovely stuff x x

The 'Gold' range is only available through appointed Fake Bake Salons. HTH

Hi when i went for my spray tanning training im sure they said that eventually they will only be supplying the gold? you would have to check! the mousse is no where near as darker as the lotion/spray more of a day or two tinted colour, spray is more flawless and quicker to do, alot more profitable, lotion takes alot more time.
hope that helps hun x

I like the spray- on can of Fakebake. Less mess!

Hiya
I trained with the fakebake lotion and found this worked really well. the exfoliator is lovely aswell!
The only thing about the lotion is after a while i find that it leaves a real "baby sicky" kind of smell!!
I have spoke to other therapists who tell me that this happens with a lot of tans not just the fakebake.
However as I trained with fakebake I will stay with it.
:)

I am doing my training with Fake Bake next week and I noticed that the Gold range is available in John Lewis also.

Whats everyones thoughts on fake bake spray tan soloution? What soloution would you all reccommend? any views appreciated.

I'm also doing my training with Fake Bake next week :) can't wait! Where are you doing it?

Hi when i went for my spray tanning training im sure they said that eventually they will only be supplying the gold? you would have to check! the mousse is no where near as darker as the lotion/spray more of a day or two tinted colour, spray is more flawless and quicker to do, alot more profitable, lotion takes alot more time.
hope that helps hun x

Thank you for your advice ... i am awaiting delivery of the gold...can't wait to try it xxxxx

Thank you for your advice ... i am awaiting delivery of the gold...can't wait to try it xxxxx

Ohh Jules you will love it I amsure. Kaylee bought some at Excel earlier in the year and it was fab. Really good colour and lasts well too. She used that and I sprayed Rhiannon at the same time and the fake bake gold was darker and lasted longer than Rhiannons spray. Hth x

Thanks gem:hug:
I will be that bronzed beauty walking along Great Yarmouth Beach !!!! :green:
lol xx

Julie x

Thanks gem:hug:
I will be that bronzed beauty walking along Great Yarmouth Beach !!!! :green:
lol xx

Julie x

Next to me, cos I'm coming with you don't forget! lol x

Next to me, cos I'm coming with you don't forget! lol x

Course i remember ive got a special ramp booked for ya to get in and out of
the caravan ........ pmsl .......