Falling out of love with Color Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Today my chair renter brought in some dialight for her hair, it's covered her blonde brilliantly and she's a beautiful reddy plum.....I've never had results like that with color touch. I find covering colours it goes wishy washy, it's just not a very satisfying result.

Is it me? Am I ready for a change? I feel like given the chance, I could use a lot,more semi/quasi colours, and less permanent, but at the moment color touch just doesn't get close to koleston.

I've used both colour touch and dia colour. Dia light is the best colour range I have ever used. Amazing stuff :)

I used dia colour way back at least ten years ago...when it was in the cans?

Might call loreal for a chat

Just their customer service let's them down :( also I'm not very keen on INOA.

I use KP for my permenants but Loreal for my quasi/semis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use KP for my permenants but Loreal for my quasi/semis

Grr pressed post too soon, meant to say I do that when mobile. In the salon we just have wella. Colour touch isn't my fave.

I just think I rely too much on KP and should use Semi/quasi more. Any other opinions?

Colour touch plus? Not the a massive colour choice but I find then to be lovely especially on wet hair. I haven't used dialight-is it similar to diacolour?

Change from loreal to well 3 years ago and find over all it's much nicer.

Found diacolour and richesse in predictable and not try to shade chart. Also found richesse could come out very heavy for a quasi range

I also use kp , but really prefer loreal semis , definately , the smell the texture , the shine ...everything

The old dia colours have been replaced with two products.
Dia light. This is great on sensitised hair And for use as a toner. It really pushes colour into the cuticle especially if used with 6vol
Dia richesse. This is for grey hair or virgin hair and allows up to 70% grey coverage if used with 15vol.
Doth leave the hair in fab condition. The reds are amazing. I wash my hair 2 times a day and my dia light 5.66 has a regrowth way before it fades.
They are quasi though so do build up if applied too often but then again so does ct. the shine is amazing! I put a clear on mine if I start losing gloss and the shine lasts 2-3 more weeks (would be more if I didn't wash it so much lol)

Well I used 4.65 on my chair renter today, her hair was pretty blonde with some lowlights, it has covered impeccably....couldn't believe it. Dia light. We use dia richesse on one client and have been really pleased with results.

The old dia colours have been replaced with two products.
Dia light. This is great on sensitised hair And for use as a toner. It really pushes colour into the cuticle especially if used with 6vol
Dia richesse. This is for grey hair or virgin hair and allows up to 70% grey coverage if used with 15vol.
Doth leave the hair in fab condition. The reds are amazing. I wash my hair 2 times a day and my dia light 5.66 has a regrowth way before it fades.
They are quasi though so do build up if applied too often but then again so does ct. the shine is amazing! I put a clear on mine if I start losing gloss and the shine lasts 2-3 more weeks (would be more if I didn't wash it so much lol)
I did start a new thread but as you're all talking diacolour i'll ask you! At the salon I use, I always have dialight after lightening. I have bought my own supply as to use inbetween salon visits as love the shine it gives plus the tone is beautiful, but i don't know which developer to buy. At college we only use wella products so l'oreal is a bit foreign to me! I have 10.12 (Frosty Pearl Milkshake) but am lost when it comes to picking developer... they do 6, 9 and 15 vol. Which one will I need?
xxxxx

6 really pushes tone into bleached hair. :)
10.12 is my fave colour but if you want more pink add 1inch of 4.50 it's beautiful! Watch it round tge hairline though lol x

Once you try Redken shades EQ, you will never use anything else. Best on the market.

Makes all the others look clunky and weak.

Well I used 4.65 on my chair renter today, her hair was pretty blonde with some lowlights, it has covered impeccably....couldn't believe it. Dia light. We use dia richesse on one client and have been really pleased with results.

I feel the same about ct actually, so after reading this I ordered some dialight 4.65 to try on my hair. I'm a base 5 but it was ombre'd to about an 8/9 on the ends, I did it yesterday and it looks amazing. I used CT 5/5 on it just over a week ago and it had already faded and looked awful, this dia light looks better already :biggrin:

I also used to use Dia Colour about 10 years ago, but changed to Wella when I moved salons. Now I'm mobile I stuck to Wella as it was what I had been using. I'm definitely moving over to L'oreal for semis now :biggrin:

I also dont like colourtouch except 55/65 and the reds. Ive tried a few colours over bleach as toners for ombre and it was utter pants they barely took at all. Im kindof inbetween using affinage for new clients and wella for my clients i have when im home from uni cos i started them on it. Not sure about affinage quasis though its a pretty limited colour range and the converter for making permanenet into quasi is a bit rubbish... might have to look into dialight

Latest posts

Back