Family are banned

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I avoid doing family members at all costs!
The only people I do for free are my mum and my husband becuase they have stuck by me throughout the 10 years I have been in the business, helping out being models and helping out with financing new training, product lines etc...
My best friend only ever asks for spray tans and she gets them half price because she brings me so much business and she also never discusses what she pays.
Any other friends pay full price.

well done you for sticking up for yourself, I wish i'd been stronger years ago because I made the mistake of doing every joe soap for free or hugely discounted and never made any money!!!

My mum I do for free, as shes my model, babysitter and supports me in every way.
My other family members, well they don't get freebies regularly, but birthday and christmas presents usually involves some kind of treatment:) This way they know when they want to continue treatments it's paytime LOL
I wish you luck with the problem, its so hard when i comes to family, but I think you made the right choice, now if they wants treatments you can tell them it's full price...

My mum gets free treatments but that is it.

Put your foot down and stick to your guns.

It is a business you are running and it is up to you if and when you want to offer freebies.

Wouldn't it be good if we could pick our family members then you could return any unwanted ones!

i dont blame you for banning them tbh. as i say ive got the opposite issue!!

my old boss at my first salon used to allow us to book in with each other-only really used to be for toes though, BUT if a paying cust wanted that appointment, they got it and we had to wait for another time

Latest posts

Back