Fancy swapping Links?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suey

Reaction score
Hi

Taking Seans wonderful advice, I have been adding some of your websites on to my link page, hope you don't mind :o

But if any of you are not on my list and want to be please let me know and i will add you on! saying that if you don't want to be there please let me know that as well :sad:

I would be grateful if you could add me on to your site as well

Here's my links page to see if you are listed
http://www.atyourfingertips.org.uk/links.htm

My web address is
www.atyourfingertips.org.uk

TIA
Sue xx

Hi Sue,

Just got your email - thanks. So the postman didn't pinch yer flowers this time huh? Glad they arrived safely - will email you properly in a little while.

Great links page - now what you need to do is bully everyone on it to make sure they reciprocate! Sean's in work at the moment but I'll forward your email onto him and he can get back to you on the technical stuff! :wink2:

Gotta run around with the hoover quickly before he gets in! :lol:

Suey, having links to other sites is important in getting your site noticed by the search engines. However, the links that are most important to you are links into your site, ie, links from other websites. It's not really a good idea to just copy and paste a load of links onto your page and hope other guys will reciprocate, sometimes they wont want to, other times they might just forget to. If you can, try and think of a link as a vote. So now you are effectively voting for 20 other sites and nobody is voting for you.

My advice is to just add one link at a time. Email the owner of that site, compliment them on their site and ask them would they be interested in exchanging links with you, if they are, well and good. If they refuse, remove that link. Move on to the next site and continue. Take it from one who knows that this process can be a right royal pain in the ***, but it is in my opinion, a necessary evil, and just one of the steps required to capture the eyes of the search engines. Once you've started your linking strategy, think big, if you can get a link from a well established website with pagerank, it is much more beneficial than getting a link from a new website with no pagerank. I'll expalin this in detail some other time.

Open advice to all readers:
In order to make your site more 'link-worthy', make sure your site is complete, all pics, etc are optimised, you have spell-checked your text and all your own internal links are working. If your site looks reasonably well presented, most other nail and beauty sites will readily link to it. Conversely, if it looks amateurish, unfinished, has spelling mistakes or takes an eternity to load, dont be surprised if you get a refusal, or like I said earlier worse than that, they just dont bother replying at all and now you dont know where you stand. There's tons of help available to assist you with any probs you might be having, both here in The Nail Geek and also in The Nail Directory. If anyone is still having problems or you just dont understand what I'm saying, gimme a shout and I'll get back to you.

'Together we can do it' (my new slogan.... LMAO)

Jackie, nice job on the housework btw *kiss* . Where does she get the time? In addition to the 254 emails she replies to? *baffled!*

A man who notices the housework is done???!!!! And comments on it :eek: :lol:

Thanks for the advice again Seanny, i have been e mailing tonight (once i'd finished the pile of ironing, that never got a mention, lol!) and will carry one with it tomorrow!

Thanks, you 2 you are briliiant! :hug:

hiya there

ive had a look and seen my link on your page (thanks)
ill add you to my links page

glynis

Thanks Glynis :hug:

coolio.... cheers for adding me :)
i will add you when i update my sillio site ;)

Jess
xox

Brillio (doesn't quite work that does it? lol!)

Cheers Jess! xx

suey said:
Brillio (doesn't quite work that does it? lol!)

Cheers Jess! xx

lol
na nt really only some words work and brillio isnt one of them!! ;) .....lol..... mmm brillio sound like something ya use to clean pots and pans....lol

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back