fantasy nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annemac

Reaction score
Hi,
Any help would be wonderful, I have never done a nail art course but have dabbled at home, using the internet and books. My mum has enter me into a fantasy nail art competition as she thinks I am quite good at it. I have a model and we are going to do a fire sprite. Looking at some on the pictures of nail art on the internet (which are amazing and frankly out of my league) could anyone suggest anythink. I am doing flames from the finger with acrylic and using rhinestones and feathers. please help I have 5 weeks left.:eek:

you should try to get on the course with sam biddle at triniti beauty in cardiff on the 29th [?]
she has loads of prizes for fantasy nails and she is now a competition judge.
she'll show you everything you need to know about entering and designing and creating fantastic fantasy nails.

p.m vanessa for details of the course.

Hi,
Thanx for the advice, I will try and sort something out, but it wil depend on cost at the moment.

what is the theme again?

what you'll need is to find your very own idea, and then you practice it over and over again, so that you can do it in a little less time than what you are allowed (because with stress & pressure it's better to play safe).

my 2 cents would be to find a kind of surprising idea related to the theme, you then try to do it whole not looking at a clock on one hand. (as it will take time) and then you do the other one listing all the products and steps.

and then when it's over, look at every detail, shape, originality, colors, techniques, etc.

and take your list and check what is necessary and what you do not have to do, as it will save time.

and do it again and again as often as you can.

it's always better to get there knowing what you're doing, as it is your first time ;);)

Hi Doorie,
Thanx I have drawn a few ideas on paper and I am going to practice them starting monday. There is no theme it is just fantasy your imagination is the only thing that can limit you. I am doing a fire sprite.

I would hate not having a theme lol.. as I'm always wondering what the others will do to surprise the judges even more... :|

lol

but have fun and let us know how it went!

I will but I am so nervous as I have not done this before, how do you handle the nerves. My husband is being great and my tutor at college is also being good as she is letting me hand in course work a little later. I hope my ideas will surprise the judges but you never know.

the nerves? lol... not to scare you but the closer you are to D-day, the worse it gets! lol.

I would advise you to force yourself not to think of it during the day, and you decide that from like 6 to 9 you can, and you're fully into your nail fantasy. you can choose a moment when you're alone, that's better lol.

and when the moment is over you go back to your normal life lol. that's what I usually do because if I don't I can't sleep, I see too many nails and new ideas... lol

I have been having that problem, I close my eyes and there they are nails and different ways I can put my ideas onto them. I will try your idea and see if it works. thanx for the advice.

Latest posts

Back