Faradic & microcurrent while pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnacatz

Reaction score
Hello,
I just found out I’m pregnant and have my final exams for faradic and microcurrent facials early tomorrow morning.
I’m really worried that it’s not safe for me to use the machines.
I’ve searched in my handbooks and online but can’t find whether you can do this as a therapist or not.

Does any one know?

Congratulations on your news!
I used faradic, galvanic, high frequency and nova sonic whilst I was pregant , also G5 massager too and had no problems. Probably blissfully unaware 30 years ago . Micro current was not around at the time so can't say. If you could check with your tutor first thing tomorrow I am sure it will be fine for you to peform the treatments but not to be a model for another student.
Contra indications always included pregnancy , but that would normally only apply to the client. However if you would be considered a risky mum to be then it would be up to you if you did the treatment or not.
I hope another geek can advise if there are more current regs for therapists.
Good luck for thomorrow and let's hope you pass with flying colours, xx

Congratulations on your news!
I used faradic, galvanic, high frequency and nova sonic whilst I was pregant , also G5 massager too and had no problems. Probably blissfully unaware 30 years ago . Micro current was not around at the time so can't say. If you could check with your tutor first thing tomorrow I am sure it will be fine for you to peform the treatments but not to be a model for another student.
Contra indications always included pregnancy , but that would normally only apply to the client. However if you would be considered a risky mum to be then it would be up to you if you did the treatment or not.
I hope another geek can advise if there are more current regs for therapists.
Good luck for thomorrow and let's hope you pass with flying colours, xx

Thanks so much. Hopefully all will be fine tomorrow xx

Latest posts

Back