Faradic / Microcurrent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there a significant different between Faradic & Microcurrent? I think Faradic tones the muscle and Microcurrent tones and firms/smooths the skin. I already have the Ultra Visage for Microcurrent, would it be worth investing in Faradic too? I understand its a quite dated treatment now too and ive read, less effective than Microcurrent.

Does anyone offer both?

My understanding of my microcurrent machine is that it does both. I use probes for lifting and muscle tightening and a different sort of current at the end for fine lines and superficial skin appearance. It may be best contacting the manufacturer of your machine to ensure you're getting the best out of it.

Vicki x

Hi there, I'm the UK trainer for Carlton Professional, don't forget you are welcome to come for refresher training on your ultra visage machine!

Microcurrent is the more modern and comfortable treatment compared to faradic which is very dated and can be very uncomfortable. But BOTH treatments tighten and tone the muscle.

Faradic works on the entire muscle and hence you get a full blown visible contraction. Microcurrent is a tiny amount of current, which sends the message deeper into the muscle but only targets a few fibres at a time. It actually works these individuals fibres harder than a faradic can but because you're not working the entire muscle all at once the sensation is minimal.

You do get skin smoothing benefits with microcurrent, but this is purely down to the fact that the skin is directly attached to the muscles you're working on..!

If you need any more info please do ask.

Thank you Vicki and Bombalurina, Vicki you are always coming to my rescue :)

Much clearer now, I did my electrical training but because I've not actually used it since I feel im not up to scratch. Have decided to do my NVQ 3 in Sept so will cover it again in more detail hopefully. Will take a look at Carlton training too, thanks again

Can't remember what the previous posts were in detail, but do you need your level 3 if you have electrical facials already?
There may be training with a company like Carlton that would get you on track long before September!
Whereabouts in the country are you? Could there be training with your specific machine?

Just a thought or two!

Vicki x

Hi Vicki

Sorry I didnt explain very well ! Im going to my level 3 anyway as I just have Level 2 qualifications except for the electrical facials. I want to learn massage too.

Ive relocated so not working in beauty at the moment but hoping to restart in the summer from home when we buy. So I may well do a refresher with Calton on my specific machine as Iike you say Sept is a while away.

Latest posts

Back