Fast track cutting and colouring course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovelife

Reaction score
Hi all i did 14m hairdressing ten yrs ago now i do extensions im wishing i had completed my course :-( unfortunatly my mortgage company wouldnt give me my house on an apprentice wage so had to get a full time job and finish! Is there such a thing its just to be able to colour my clients hair before extensions and cut them in properly many thanks :)

I imagine that all UK insurance companies require a minimum of level 2 in Hairdressing if you are colouring hair. I think it's unlikely that you will be able to complete a stand alone cutting & colouring course and gain insurance.

Some private hairdressing academies/colleges run fast track NVQ courses where you still pay the full fees but you can potentially complete the course over a shorter period if you are already competent with some of the units.

Otherwise, some colleges run 1 year fast track level 2 courses but they generally start in September so you've probably missed the boat for those this year. Still worth asking around though.

Wow, I'd stay very clear of a five day hairdressing course lol.

For around the same price you could do a five day cutting course at the Vidal Sassoon Academy!

Also, it's only accredited by themselves and not by Habia or City & Guilds or VCTC as far as I can see. Anyone can 'accredit' their own courses even the guy living at no: 27 down the street, so don't take that as a meaningful recommendation.

Finally, you will find it extremely difficult to get insured in the UK without a 'recognised' qualification but don't take my word for it. Contact leading Hairdressing Insurers, Salon Gold, FHBF etc. before you part with any cash.

Latest posts

Back