Fav Facial - opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailschick

Reaction score
Hi girls

I am starting a course next week and will be choosing a facial/ skin care range to go with to use on my clients.

I would appreciate your opinions/ likes & dislikes of facials you have had.

Matis, Decelor, Yon Ka, Guinot, Dermalogica, Repechage, Elemis there is a few ranges at the top of my head.

Is there any other ones that stood out for you as a treatment. Also little extras that you enjoyed ie, using heated towels, facial steamer, electric blanket over you while having treatment etc.

Thanks NC
smile.gif

I love Decleor total balance facial, I was instantly converted to using their prods at home, and my skin is great :green: .

I use Nimue and the results it gives is just fab. http://www.nimueskin.com/ It's a nice simple range to use, both for you and your clients, and results are immediate with the full effect taking around 2 months (2 x skin renewal) I was chatting with a girl on the Caci stand at Earls Court yesterday and said I have Nimue and she started raving about it too. It's great for problematic, environmentally damaged and hyperpigmented skins ... it's well priced too with fab training and backup support ... and it's different so gives clients a reason to come to you rather than all the local salons who tend to use the same brands.

I love elemis products and the nicest extras I had was an electric blanket under me on the table/bed.... hope this helps

Forgot to say I use heated towels rather than sponges for my facials and my clients love it.

This is great thanks geeks.

What about the rest of you what do ye think??

Cheers NC

I use Dermalogica and really like it, but want to introduce a more "aromatherapy" based range as the Dermalogica is so expensive. I really like md formulations and eve taylor at the mo.
Tip; A bolster cushion under the clients knees will take any strain off their lower back and is sooo comfy for them! My clients always comment on it.

My two absolute favourites are ones you have mentioned Matis & Decleor as i believe both ranges "work" and also love the smells !

Some of the extras i do & enjoy in facials are mitts instead of sponges, i think this may also be more hygenic than sponges ? Please correct me if im wrong. Also when the mask is on i expect to receive some sort of treatment whilst this is going on, i massage the scalp & hands. I remember at college they told us to just sit there for 15/20 mins & fill the prescription pad in.
As you say heated blanket is lovely also i liked to be wrapped up not left with my feet sticking out the end turning blue !

I don't think ive had a facial that ive disliked because of the brand but ive had a few therapists before that have missed bits out or my pet hate yapped on the entire treatment trying to sell me something :irked:

HAve a look at the Academie line too as it has a low start up cost.

I have only ever had an Environ facial which I really loved but the products are not nice smelling LOL.

The Nimue range is lovely and I use it at home.

It depends on what sort of range you are looking for - an aromatherapy type of range like say Decleor, Guinot etc. or a more cosmeceutical range like Nimue, Environ, Dermalogical etc.

Some salons have both - the salon I go to does Guinot and Environ.

I use Dermalogica and really like it, but want to introduce a more "aromatherapy" based range as the Dermalogica is so expensive. I really like md formulations and eve taylor at the mo.
Tip; A bolster cushion under the clients knees will take any strain off their lower back and is sooo comfy for them! My clients always comment on it.
Hi why not give Darphin a go,they are very much aromatherapy based.We use them in our salon and I love their whole thing,the wonderful smellsand the Shiatsu(pressure points)The only thing I really hate is they are not particularly generous with their samples.They wont allow us to purchase the samples and my boss has to spend over,I think it's £250.00 to get the samples,even then they are not overly generous.Samples sell products so Darphin are shooting themselves in the foot really.It's sooo annoying when a client asks for a particular sample of a product and we dont have it.I wouldn't want to spend £40.00 on an eye cream without trying it out first.We have the cushion under the knees and in the winter we have those heated beanie things that you pop in the microwave.The clients love that their feet are nice and warm.

has anyone used crystal clear? are they expensive ?

I use Environ - swear by it -expensive though but worth every penny

Hot towels and massage are fave bits on facials. I just started using Cetuem SCR, everything smells fab and no minimum order to start up. Clients seem to really like it and the bonus is that the cleansers, toners are suitable for all skin types so you don't have to buy a bucket full to cover each skin type.

Latest posts

Back