Favourite toners to correct bad bleach job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie303

Reaction score
Hi all, My sister has given herself a bit of a dodgy bleach job in quarantine She normally has bleach foils but she has bleached out pretty much all of the natural. Has got herself to mostly white with a few yellow streaks. It is way too harsh for her, she wants me to suggest a toner, she is using silver shampoo but of course the brightens the white even more. I think it would probably be softened with a pearl or light beige? Any favourites you use? She still wants it to be very light but it looks cheap and harsh at moment. Ive not got huge experience with toners yet. Thanks! xx

Hi I always use wella illumina as toners the 10/69 is a great toner to use. Although it acts the same as sliver shampoo grabs on the really white bits not so much on the yellow bits there for you may have to go down a shade even though she wants to be lighter.. if she doesnt mind more of a sand blonde instead of a ash or pearl the 10/93 is also a gorgeous colour.. hope this helps xx

If it’s mostly white, she’s bleached it too far and it’s likely to be very very fragile. She’d be better off using a semi mixed into a conditioning treatment rather than any more oxidising colour.

Many thanks both xx

Latest posts

Back