fed up of people thinking we cheat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
i feel the need to air my views on loads of threds of people thinking that essential nails students cheat
most think that people pay for the course, pass it on to a nail tech and ask them to do it for them so they get the qualification!!!

ok this CAN happen i suppose, but then again if someone was that desperate to cheat then they could just register their name and ask a nail tech to do the course from anywhere like creative or any training course, does the course ask for photo id?? i know they dont

at the end of the day this could happen if the person was wanting a certificate that badly

it just makes me so mad that i have put in 9 months of training even with essential as i wanted to make sure that i was a competant nail tech and i dont have any complaints from my regulars, to have people putting down my qualification, which could put doubt in peoples minds that i am not good without seeing exacty what i can do

sorry for ranting but this just really upsets me

Peace not war!!!
Chill!!!:hug:
Noone made any personal attacks-i wasn't offended!
Soemtimes people just make flippant comments without thinkin about what they are saying...try not to let it get to u-there are so many more serious things in life to worry about...and if there isnt then you are very lucky!

The fact the it can happen doesn't mean that it does happen! At no point has anything that I've read on here offered the opinion that MOST EN students cheat.....

If your clients are happy and you're happy what the prob? Well done for putting in maximum effort and working to a standard you are happy with :hug:

Look at it from other people's perspectives though... they've spent lots of time travelling to places and investing in materials/books and going through the stresses of exams and going on courses where they don't know anyone/need models etc etc...

.. and then other people have done it from the comfort of their own homes, and got the same qualification and there's a CHANCE that there could have been some fiddling with the nail cards....

.. the other people may feel that they have worked harder as they were visibly assessed whilst doing their practical...

BUT

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - YOU are the nail technician and people can be terrible nail tech's however they have chosen to study!

Don't worry about it - you have paid for your course fair and square, have regular clients and are happy with yourself. That's all that counts! :hug:

And I have NEVER seen/heard anyone calling an EN nail tech a cheat or similar

I did my initial training with EN. I have to say what a fab grounding that it gave me especially in file holding and ensuring not to damage a clients nail bed. I can only thank EN for their fab training as I believe them to have been key in my success as a nail tech.

If you really feel other people are judging your qualifications, do what I did, and continue to learn and develop with other product related courses and higher levels of training perfecting, competition nails etc... That way your training doesnt stop. We all need to continue with our knowledge, to ensure that nails remain to be done to the best of our ability.

Better still prove to those guys that you can do it by signing up for the new NVQ's. Then no one can comment on your level of knowledge, and the same goes for all the others who think that by going on a short course that it is the end of their training requirements.

Regards and all the best

I wouldn't take it to heart matey, just because it can be done doesn't mean people think it is being done. I know I haven't cheated my course so I ain't too worried about anyone who thinks I have. Do your best, try your hardest and you won't go far wrong :hug:

how do i get in touch about getting an nvq then?
sounds great

how do i get in touch about getting an nvq then?
sounds great

Why don't you go get product training with one of the best nail companies around?

I wouldn't bother with an NVQ - it is unecessary with the amount of product training available, and by the sounds of it, you know what you are doing already.

Why don't you go get product training with one of the best nail companies around?

I wouldn't bother with an NVQ - it is unecessary with the amount of product training available, and by the sounds of it, you know what you are doing already.

to be honest i dont see the point as i am extremely happy with the products i use already and as creative dont accept my qualification i dont see the point in paying out all that money again just so i can use their products and use their name

to be honest i dont see the point as i am extremely happy with the products i use already and as creative dont accept my qualification i dont see the point in paying out all that money again just so i can use their products and use their name

I didn't mention Creative!!! There are several companies! You would only have to spend out on an NVQ that wouldn't get you any further than you are now....

... I hope you get sorted anyway! NVQ's take time... your little man/lady will be here before your NVQ results..! :hug:

i feel the need to air my views on loads of threds of people thinking that essential nails students cheat
most think that people pay for the course, pass it on to a nail tech and ask them to do it for them so they get the qualification!!!

ok this CAN happen i suppose, but then again if someone was that desperate to cheat then they could just register their name and ask a nail tech to do the course from anywhere like creative or any training course, does the course ask for photo id?? i know they dont

at the end of the day this could happen if the person was wanting a certificate that badly

it just makes me so mad that i have put in 9 months of training even with essential as i wanted to make sure that i was a competant nail tech and i dont have any complaints from my regulars, to have people putting down my qualification, which could put doubt in peoples minds that i am not good without seeing exacty what i can do

sorry for ranting but this just really upsets me
I honestly don't think anyone was saying that EN techs cheated. If you are referring to a recent thread and subsequent posts about EN home learn, then i understood it to mean that the feed back , critique and available to hand knowledge could not be best shared with a student if they are at home as opposed to being in a class room setting.

Would you be anaesthetised and operated on by a doctor who never went to university and learnt at home from a book? The nail industry is trying to up it's standards and with so much negative talk about NSS etc, the suggestion was that a conversion course would recognize a certificate if initial training was done in a class setting with a reputable training institution.

I think this has all been blown out of all proportion.

I didn't mention Creative!!! There are several companies! You would only have to spend out on an NVQ that wouldn't get you any further than you are now....

... I hope you get sorted anyway! NVQ's take time... your little man/lady will be here before your NVQ results..! :hug:

god yeah he will be here before i know it lol
i have done other training but not for nails i have done holistics and im doing an itec inbeauty and i suppose if my insurance covers everything i dont really need to change what i do just keep up to date with laws and stuff like that

Ok - I can see your point about not liking the fact that people think all EN techs 'cheat' - but personally I have never ever seen that written or heard it said??

If you are happy with the products you use, and you are happy with the amount of work you have put in, and your clients are happy, and YOU are happy with your work - then let it be!!

Chill hun, I dont think anyone on here thinks you are a cheat!!!:eek:

x

Im studying mani/pedi vtct and then will be doing vtct nail extentions with my local college, from what i know this is a recognised qualification and its only one night a week so my hubby can look after my little one while im there, this is perfect for me and ive made lots of friends, also gives me some me time away from being a full time mum:)

You should enquire with your local college, best of luck which ever next step you decide to take.x

I did my initial training with EN. I have to say what a fab grounding that it gave me especially in file holding and ensuring not to damage a clients nail bed. I can only thank EN for their fab training as I believe them to have been key in my success as a nail tech.

If you really feel other people are judging your qualifications, do what I did, and continue to learn and develop with other product related courses and higher levels of training perfecting, competition nails etc... That way your training doesnt stop. We all need to continue with our knowledge, to ensure that nails remain to be done to the best of our ability.

Better still prove to those guys that you can do it by signing up for the new NVQ's. Then no one can comment on your level of knowledge, and the same goes for all the others who think that by going on a short course that it is the end of their training requirements.

Regards and all the best
I agree, I started off with EN & I think the courses are fab but as a start - I went on (after my EN L&P & Maintainance) to do the creative l&p foundation course, Brisa Induction, NVQL2 Beauty Therapy & Bio Sculpture.

I didnt cheat & I imagine its very rare that anyone does.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back