Fed up with clients that go back to NSS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Bit of a rant really.
Like many beauty therapists I'm sure - I get a lot of ladies coming to me with very badly damaged nails from NSS, - I try to educate these ladies as to the products used in them, the damage the drills do to their nail plate, the lack of sanitisation that goes on and the consequences of dental acrylic used on the nail. I also have a great article on my phone that I let them read just so that they fully understand what these salons are about.
However I still get ladies that despite all this return to these salons because the top quality products I use on them are not as strong and their nails sometimes break if they hit it hard ( this is what these quality products are designed to do)
I'm just getting fed up with clients that despite all this advice are still willing to ruin their own nails and risk infection from these places. What is wrong with people. They are paying to be damaged!!!!!!

would you mind posting a link to the article that you have?
It is a real pain and i regularly have this problem with some of my clients but all we can do is try to educate them but unfortunatly some of them are so fickle! xxx

I don't know how to post links as I'm very " un -technical"
However if you search
Beautyattracys.com NSS
It comes up with the article - maybe you could post this link if you know how to do it xx

When people tell me that NSS nails are stronger (which they certainly are) I tell them that nature intends your nails to break at the smile line if you bash them hard enough, my enhancements will do the same. Very strong and very strongly adhered NSS nails can break far lower down as shown in this horrible picture (can't remember where I found it).

Attachments

• MMA_Nail.jpg
    MMA_Nail.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 454
Hi

I searched on the site you noted, nothing came up?

Totally understand where your coming from. Cheap attracts everyone, wish they knew the damage they are doing to their nails.

Oh well some people learn the hard way!

I would think after reading that you can contact HIV by having an unsterilized nail efile used on you, you would run as far away from salons like that and never turn back. Yuck!!!!!

I would think after reading that you can contact HIV by having an unsterilized nail efile used on you, you would run as far away from salons like that and never turn back. Yuck!!!!!

*contract

Out of interest, has there ever been a recorded case of this happening? xxx

Phone likes to autocorrect everything I write lol and there probably has never been a case about it. But than who can really track down where they contracted something like that from ?

Put up posters of people who's nails have been damaged or deformed from NSS near your table... they'll see it. They'll ask questions. They wont want it. If they don't believe, tell them to look it up. Not all nail salons are the same. We take pride! Others take the piss! Want our clients to be happy and come back! THEY just want the money and move onto the next wallet/purse!

It is more likely to contract Hepititis, as HIV lives only seconds once exposed to the air.

What we do at our spa is up-charge for "repair/restructure" when we have MMA "duck billed platter pusses" (you have all seen them, wide and flat one ball speed applications with absolutely NO shape)!

Our theory is, once e client see's the way nails "should" look, they become ever faithful clients. For the few that choose to return to NSS for the same garbage, we haven't wasted our time and product cost doing a two hour overall for nothing ;)))

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back