Feedback on my mums beauty & holistic therapy website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hello!

I haven't posted in ages, some of you may remember me posting a few months ago about my new business Kids Party Planet (completely separate from my nail business!) well its taken off like I could never have expected so I have been so busy I haven't had as much time to spend on here :cry:

Anyway I have been helping my mum build a website - well no actually I have built the website and she has done almost nothing (lol) :lol:

The wording for the treatments has been copied from my mums brochure and she is happy with that so really what I want is some feedback on look usability, serious spelling errors etc.
The web address is Pure Beauty | Professional Beauty Treatments In Ilford

Thanks guys!
Amy

Hi Amy and well done on the website. Good luck to your mum too. I've just had a very quick look (not a read) and the first thing that struck me was the lovely backround. I think your pics are a little distorted so maybe that's something to do with pixels or maybe you just need to re-size them.

Great work. xxx

I think the look and layout of the site is good and simple.

I've focussed on improvements as requested.

Email address - consider changing to info or [email protected] - you can route it to your email address.

Rates & services - Consider changing it to treatments

Facials picture - looks squidged

Suggestion - have a PDF pricelist for download so they can print it off and have all your prices.

Picture on about you page - think about one of you giving a faciel or massage or something.

Overall

The website is good and your place sounds fab as does your ethos. I think you need to revisit some of the words as the descriptions can be a little clinical and don't support the relaxing, time out ethos you're promoting.

Whether you read a top level descriptor for facials or a specific description of a treatment it should reflect the relaxing, stress relieving, rejuvenating qualities so by the time they finish reading they're ringing you up to make an appointment.

Eg

Sothys skin care is the signature of excellence through these technically advanced treatments, supporting home care and personalized advice we can guarantee results and address your individual skincare needs.
Please click "Facials" above to view our full facial treatment range and price list.

could read

Pure Beauty offers a fabulous range of facial treatments that will leave your skin looking fantastic and you feeling relaxed and radiant. Using Sothys skin care products ......

Hope this helps

regards

Mike

I've had a read through..it looks really good. Great job.

Can I ask why your Mom doesn't polish toes? Just curious.

I've had a read through..it looks really good. Great job.

Can I ask why your Mom doesn't polish toes? Just curious.

Lol! Firstly my mum HATES doing nail treatments and, as a Nail Tech, I have been trying to persuade her to "sauce up" her nail treatments.
She does do a polish for the classic manicure and pedicure but doesn't for her spa treatments. She claims its because of the products she uses but with a good nail cleanser and dehydrator I don't really know what the problem is!

Latest posts

Back