Feel as though I'm not getting anywhere!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire x

Reaction score
Hi All

I need help, been getting a bit down with nails.:cry:

Wondered if anyone could give me ideas to get different clients. I finished my course in March and don't really feel as though I've progressed. I wouldn't charge anyone yet as firstly I don't feel good enough yet and secondly I don't have insurance.

I have done my mum, sisters and a few friends but started to feel a bit fed up and making me not want to carry on.

Any ideas?

Claire

PS Any ideas for insurance when I eventually feel good enough to charge.

i know how you feel.. i really lack in confidence and feel like this sometimes. my advice would be to practice as much as you can.
have you got a nail trainer? they are brill i practice on mine at nite and im getting much better. dont give up now!!
good luck!

It is hard to get GOOD as you put it, when you are doing so few nails. You must get as many peeps through your hands as you possibly can and practice on your own and the nail trainer, if you have one, every day. Gotta dedicate yourself to this if you ever want to get there.

Dont give up chick! Have you tried making up some leaflets and doing a drop? or try putting an advertisement in your local paper looking for models. Any advertising can make a difference and of course word of mouth will help you. But you need to get insurance, proffesional beauty are good.HTH

i really lack confidence too!! i've actually found myslef phoning my friends (if ive done their nails) to ask how they are getting on with them and if everything is ok!!! dont meant o be nose but what courses did you do??

also sorry if this sounds silly but if i got questions how do i start a new thread?

Once you start gaining new clients you will soon see the progress in your nails. Theres bound to be a few problems in the beginning but this is when you will be able to see where you are going wrong and areas you need to work on most. It is hard to start with but we all have to start somewhere. keep at it and you will soon see yourself progressing.x

Latest posts

Back