Feeling a bit . . . . . dissatisfied - and it has nothing to do with sausages!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is in no way related to sausages therefore it is officially not a real thread hehehe

On a serious note hun, I am forever feeling like this.

My answer is to learn something totally new as a brain challenge rather than a work related thing.

I have studied psychology, did a massive stage researching Jack the Ripper, lern how to sew and made corsets and gowns, have done flower arranging, am currently learning how to paint with watercolour and took up marine fishkeeping!!

May have to follow Tammie's lead and have a bash at rollerskating though - reckon icy country lanes and me on wheels would be pretty damn hilarious ;) xxxx

Some extremely valid points made by everyone on this post.

It is so easy to immerse ourselves in the job 110% but we need to have some balance.

I probably live and breathe my job 24/7 which is not healthy, recently someone on here asked "do you live to work or work to live"? Well I live to work.

so,

I step away from the business and go the gym. I don't do high impact classes much, I tend to do pilates, body balance and yoga with some zumba and groove classes, occassionally I run a bit and cycle, I also swim, steam and jacuzzi.

I also do regular courses and as a trainer I am constantly writing courses up and researching.....i love to research. Infact I probably have done 2-3 courses in each subject, then have half a dozen books and DVD's to support my learning.

One thing that I would like to do is learn to draw/watercolours. I cannot even draw a stick figure and have had young children cry at my attempts at art.

I also have just got into filming and editting and photography (self taught which equals VERY FRUSTRATING).

and one other thing.............try and have one day off a week and have at least 6 weeks annual leave. I do my best inspirational thoughts on holiday.

In the past 12 months I've done a Diploma in Management and Certificate IV in Training and Education. I gather the last is something equivalent to your PTLLS. The Cert IV allows you to teach whatever you are qualified in.

I'm like Brittone. I have done so many things over the years. I have 2 folders of certificates ranging from horticulture, catering, business, computers. I love learning new things all the time - not just beauty or massage related.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions everyone xx

I have been having a little ponder over this one and i've decided i'm going to enrol on an interior design diploma, its something I've always had an interest in and i can use it to get onto a foundation degree next year. Can't wait :) xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions everyone xx

I have been having a little ponder over this one and i've decided i'm going to enrol on an interior design diploma, its something I've always had an interest in and i can use it to get onto a foundation degree next year. Can't wait :) xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Good for you! That's sounds like an interesting course! Good luck with it all!! X

Latest posts

Back