Feeling a bit down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
Does anyone get like this? I have a salon and I love it but I'm getting fed up of not been busy all the time I've been there 3 years this August I opened a week before my 21st birthday.

I want to do new things but don't have the money and I don't want a credit card I've never had one n don't want the hassle but then I think sod it i should get one!

Me and my partner are the same age and have been together for 9 years this July and are really ready for moving out but it's the saving part we almost have the deposit just always something that gets in the way and if im streasing now over money will i be able to have a mortgage! he is also self employed and has saved most of the deposit which upsets me as I want to put my fair share in, I have bought things for the house all the kitchen is done I just need a kitchen lol it all adds up I guess, all we seem to do is save and it get us no where.

And this is gonna sound silly because i should be happy im doing a good job but I'm doing better with nails that my clients are going longer in between treatments therefore its like I've took a cut on money even though my prices went up at the end of January, and i have weeks with no clients :( . I've offered discount treatments for the weeks there not in for nails but there not bothered.

There are little nail shops (we all know the type) doing nails so cheap and is this current climate people want nails but want them cheap they don't always care of the quality, how am I supposed to compete with that, plus be in the middle of 2 other salons literally a stones throw away!

I'm sorry geeks I'm moaning and feeling sorry for myself I'm just fed up of saving all the time but it going back on other things I couldn't tell you the last time I bought something really nice just for me.

Does anyone else ever feel like this? Does it change or is this what I have to look forward to constant worry? I was looking at jobs yesterday and thinking of packing it all in :( dan (partner) told me to stop been silly though, which i am been im sure but I can't always talk to him about it because he works with other lads he has the support when something goes wrong I have no one and my parents just tell me stick at it but I think it's because they like to tell people I have my own shop which is nice and I feel proud but I sometimes feel trapped like they would be disappointed if I ever wanted to leave it all.

I just wanted to vent sorry for the essay xxxx

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way.
I'm sure there are thousands of people (including me) who feel exactly the same. We throw all our time, energy and money into work and it doesn't feel like its paying off.

You need to decide if you are happy with what you are earning or if there's something you can do to improve it, or maybe get a second job?

I don't think you'll find many under 25's who have their own business OR own a property, let alone both so I would say that you need to look at what you have achieved, be proud of yourself and maybe decide that actually, sometimes we do have to wait to get everything we want xx

I don't think you'll find many under 25's who have their own business OR own a property, let alone both so I would say that you need to look at what you have achieved, be proud of yourself and maybe decide that actually, sometimes we do have to wait to get everything we want xx

I know that's very true I should be thankful for what I have, just having a poop day I guess. Thanks lovely xxxx

Latest posts

Back