Feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I love doing gel nails on to the natural nail, However I am having a lot of people wanting me to do nail tips and then gel on top. However I am rubbish at nail tips I have practiced for years but am still rubbish.

When people ask me to do tips I am saying yes and then finding a way to get out of it, which is not professional I know :irked:

However I hardly get anyone enquire about wanting gelicure polish on natural nails. :(

I keep thinking of knocking the tips on the head and try and concentrate on building up just for natural nails and on my air brushing, lashes and spray tanning.

Has anyone else got to the point where they think "oh god I have took too much on"

I don't want to waste any more money on the nail tip side xxxx

What do you mean nail tips? Like just nail tips with the gel polish or are you trained in nail extensions? X

What do you mean nail tips? Like just nail tips with the gel polish or are you trained in nail extensions? X

Sorry I am rubbish at explaining myself I am trained in nail extensions I have been since 2006 however I never really liked doing them. I then I took a different direction in career and then went back to them, however I keep practicing but they always look crap.

But my gel polish on natural nails look great and I love doing them. xx

Why not do a one to one with an educator and get to grips with them?

Have you tried sculpting instead? Is it a tip application you find difficult or applying gel? Are you using good products? If you have a clients asking for extensions it would be a shame to give it up as it's a nice income...

I know exactly what you mean, I am trained in acrylic extensions but I loathe doing it :( I don't get any complaints on them and they do look nice (I am very critical and always think there is room to improve). I was away from beauty for many years and nails used to be my passion but since coming back I just don't enjoy acrylics and dread appointments. I'm thinking of pulling away from them and focusing on my gel polish and only offering enhancements to my regulars when I've used up the bulk of my stock.
Do what's right for you. If it's making you hate your job then drop it. That's the bonus of being your own boss.
Good luck
Vic

Vicki
Aphrodite Style•Beauty•Hair

I know exactly what you mean, I am trained in acrylic extensions but I loathe doing it :( I don't get any complaints on them and they do look nice (I am very critical and always think there is room to improve). I was away from beauty for many years and nails used to be my passion but since coming back I just don't enjoy acrylics and dread appointments. I'm thinking of pulling away from them and focusing on my gel polish and only offering enhancements to my regulars when I've used up the bulk of my stock.
Do what's right for you. If it's making you hate your job then drop it. That's the bonus of being your own boss.
Good luck
Vic

Vicki

Thank you x

Have you tried sculpting instead? Is it a tip application you find difficult or applying gel? Are you using good products? If you have a clients asking for extensions it would be a shame to give it up as it's a nice income...

Hi Not tried sculpting as looks hard but I will have a look xx

Hi Not tried sculpting as looks hard but I will have a look xx
I haven't tried for the same reason but many geeks much prefers that then tips, who knows, maybe it's your thing? :)

Tips have never been my favourite thing, but I recently took a course with The Centre, Glasgow and trained in CND Enhancements. They covered tips and sculpting. I did like the sculpting as it was quicker in a way, but I've used more models that need tips as I really want to build my skill up. I hated blending tips, but after this training I totally get it now and it takes no where near as long as before!

Try the pro impressions non blend tips, if I have to do acrylics I use these and they are fab!

Vicki

Clear tips or welless tips. Granted, they're not considered to be as strong as some other options out there but they don't require as much blending (if any depending on what product you're using) and I find that I get lasting and pleasant results from them.

Latest posts

Back