Feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeeta

Reaction score
I have been doing nails for about a year now but more so as a hobbie to ease me in gently and build up my confidence. Although I am only doing about 1 a week.
Just recently done a trial run for mother and bride. All the crystals came of motger in 2 days and the bride haa alrdy strtd chipping.

Done my gelish training last year. Still only use uv lamp as using the funds I make to build my set up.

Getting to the point of wondering if its for me?really wanted it to be. But want my customers to be fully satisfied!!xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it's great that you care so much about making your clients happy!
What did you use to stick the crystals on with?
I use a little bead of acrylic to stick gems on and they don't budge :)

Just a few things to consider that are usually the cause of any problems i've ever had.

Did she follow aftercare?
Did you use nice thin layers of gel?
Is your lamp the correct wattage?
Are you doing full prep of nail and cuticle?

:) x

Thank you. I just use gel so havent wrked with acrylic as yet.

Spoke with my educator today and advised me that alot of people make crystals a no go as they are prone to falling off. Have also said im going to invest in 5-45 led lamp as will cut my time down and im sure my lamp isnt effective as it was anymore.xx

Hi there

UV bulbs should be changed every 4-6 months (this is what my harmony educator advised), I have the 18g lamp, invest in the UV you won't regret it.

What's your process? Just to see if I can give you any pointers.

You can use structure gel to set gems in effectively.

Don't lose heart xx

Thanks.

I do cuticle work, clean with cleanser before i apply ph bond

Apply foundatiom thinly for 1 min then dry brush, apply 2-3 layers of colour,at 2 mins each time then apply tio at 2mins, wipe nails with cleanser then apply nourish cuticle oil and buff with cottom pad to shine.x

Are you huffing the natural shine off the nail and free edge? Are you dry brushing and capping free edges? Also foundation takes 2 mins in a UV lamp not 1 minute as advised by my educator as I had a UV when doing my training x

Oh I got told only 1 min by mine. Yeah i do remove natural shine and cap the free edge. Appreciate your input. Thanks.x

Are you huffing the natural shine off the nail and free edge? Are you dry brushing and capping free edges? Also foundation takes 2 mins in a UV lamp not 1 minute as advised by my educator as I had a UV when doing my training x

How strange because when you read the gelish bottle it says 60secs in UV for the foundation gel. I wondering if its better with a 2min cure or if its just over curing the base coat :/

How strange because when you read the gelish bottle it says 60secs in UV for the foundation gel. I wondering if its better with a 2min cure or if its just over curing the base coat :/

As far as I'm aware I don't think you can over cure gelish

Apparently you can over here gelish base coat.

Any gel product can be over cured.

It is 1 minute in UV lamp at 36w. I use my CND lamp and checked with Harmony xx

I use gelish and use polybond glue to keep my crystals in place on top of tio once totally dry i apply a 2nd thin coat if top it off making sure to apply aroynd crystals not on top of. Mines will last 2 weeks no probs... also as for chipping make sure ur capping free edge but very lightly as sometimes too much product at free edge can lift. Hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

As far as I'm aware I don't think you can over cure gelish
you shoudl not cure gelish for longer than the bottle states. if u do, it makes it much harder to remove and you will more than likely end up damaging the clients nail plate while scraping off the overcured base coat.
this is one of the biggest mistakes people make. they assume that if you cure the base for longer, it makes is stronger when in fact it makes it more brittle and harder to remove.

Any gel product can be over cured.

Sorry to sound simple but what about if you're doing art on the nails, surely that's over curing whatever you have as the Base colour? :)

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have just received my gelish 5-45 lamp and I love it!you can notice straight away the benefits!excited!x

Latest posts

Back