Feeling deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJPN

Reaction score
Not a question as such, just a bit of a moan! I've had two clients contact me today (in the space of an hour!) to say their nails have chipped (Shellac). One is going on holiday tomorrow so she said not to worry and is going to take a nail polish top coat to put on over the top of the chip to prevent it chipping further (I did explain this might not work!) and was very nice about it. One contacted me to say a nail had chipped so I arranged to go tomorrow evening to fix it but she's just messaged to say another has peeled so she'll give tomorrow a miss. I've said I'll go and redo but not heard back from her. Bit worried as she had rebooked for end of Feb and she was starting to become a regular client, i'd hate to lose her. I'm just at a loss as to why they have chipped on two clients. I didn't do anything differently to my normal prep and application and I've never had chipping before (well at least a client has never mentioned it before and I always ask them to!). The second client is a hairdressers so hands in and out of water but she has worn Shellac (applied by me) before and got two weeks wear out of them. It just makes me feel really deflated and now I'm going to be worried when I do someone else's nails now :(

Anyway, moan over, thanks for listening if you made it to here! Xx

Oh dear.... X

Is it a new bottle of colour?
Did you shake well?
Was it a pink?
What are your steps?
Do you use the full cnd equipment/products? etc

Can you recall these two clients doing something they don't usually do?

From experience the hairdressers at my salon never wear gloves and the shellac does not last at all due to products and washing hair and tint...

Sorry for all the questions but it may help us help you... :)

Latest posts

Back