Feeling guilty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailtechybee

Reaction score
I had a client booked for nails this morning (for her own wedding on Friday) and I ran late by 30 mins!!! This isn't like me but the design she had chosen just wasn't happening and I wanted them to be perfect.! (I still didn't feel they were perfect in the end) Therefore my next client was kept waiting and ended up late for her own appointment after her nails.
I have felt guilty all day for both clients. The bride as I wasn't 100% happy and the next last who I kept waiting for so long and made her late for her next errand.
What would you geeks have done in this situation? Offer a discount maybe?

I used to be exactly the same worrying that what i had produced wasnt 100% perfect, being too hard on myself when infact what i had created was better than most could do. I think as long as your client is happy with what youve done then you should realise that sometimes doing a 'good job' is good enough and striving for complete perfection is more about your own lack of confidence than not doing as well as you could have. Im sure your client was pleased with what you had done, how did she respond after the treatment? Did you take a photo? If so upload it for people to help you decide.
As for your other client, was she annoyed that you were late? Sometimes running over cant be helped and most people dont mind but you do get the odd one that it bothers quite a lot. In this case i would be careful not to jump in to quick and offer her a massive discount and beg for her forgiveness (so to speak) as she might catch on to your weakness of feeling guily and play on it more often to get freebies. You could just casually throw in something extra next time you see her as a good will gesture, give your sincere but brief appology, do a fantastic treatment and good natter and all will be forgotten. Again i think its down to having a bit more faith in yourself it takes time and sometimes i still have the odd doubt after 13 years in the beauty industry. Hope to have helped :) good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks. I myself have been going 10 years so moments like this are thankfully rare and often prevented. I didn't take a photo of the brides nails as I was more concerned with getting onto my next lady and that it may add insult to injury if I stopped to take photos!
The client who I made late was a regular so I was thinking a free cuticle oil or extra nail art or something next time!

Latest posts

Back