Feeling sad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've had some great advice on here.

But, unfortunately, sometimes clients just like to have a change or, like said previously, just dont stick to their routine. I drove a certain make of cars for years, and then I decided to try another make - no problem with my previous cars - just wanted to try something different! It is not necessarily a reflection on you.

However, I know that in the past I have tried (unsuccessfully) other hair salons and then been too embarrassed to return to my regular salon. A little note, which my original salon sent me, like Geeg says, can reassure the client that they will always be welcome. I returned, knowing there would be no awkwardness xxx

I had a lady who always came to me for her nails, she then had a gastric band fitted, came back and told me all about it - we were really close.

Her next appointment, she cancelled - I received a text 'Really ill, going to have to cancel, sorry'. The text was very unlike her and seemed rather blunt compared to her usual texts/calls which made me think I'd done something wrong.

A friend of mine does her hair - I asked if she'd heard off her and she said yeah she wasn't well and due to money issues she was cutting back on treatments for now.

During the Xmas period I kind of expected her to book in, she had her hair done but I never heard anything. In this time I text her twice, once as a reply to her original message and another just to ask how she was getting on - I also commented on a status of her's on Facebook - all with no response - it was very baffling.

Anyhow, New Years Eve I got a text from her saying happy new year, I responded and she explained that she'd been in hospital as the op had make her seriously ill - she never explained why she'd had her hair done and not her nails but she didn't & doesn't have to, although at the time it made me feel crappy there was a reason for it and she has assured me she'll be back but at the moment they're the last thing on her mind.

I know this is slightly different as they are still getting the treatments but, it could be that they've had other issues and feel like they know you too well to not explain but may actually not want to, or choosing a cheaper option etc.

You feel you were close to them, just send a little text, note, call etc - don't be disheartened if you don't hear back that's business and unfortunately we've all got to have a really thick skin and just get on with it :)

I had a lady who always came to me for her nails, she then had a gastric band fitted, came back and told me all about it - we were really close.

Her next appointment, she cancelled - I received a text 'Really ill, going to have to cancel, sorry'. The text was very unlike her and seemed rather blunt compared to her usual texts/calls which made me think I'd done something wrong.

A friend of mine does her hair - I asked if she'd heard off her and she said yeah she wasn't well and due to money issues she was cutting back on treatments for now.

During the Xmas period I kind of expected her to book in, she had her hair done but I never heard anything. In this time I text her twice, once as a reply to her original message and another just to ask how she was getting on - I also commented on a status of her's on Facebook - all with no response - it was very baffling.

Anyhow, New Years Eve I got a text from her saying happy new year, I responded and she explained that she'd been in hospital as the op had make her seriously ill - she never explained why she'd had her hair done and not her nails but she didn't & doesn't have to, although at the time it made me feel crappy there was a reason for it and she has assured me she'll be back but at the moment they're the last thing on her mind.

I know this is slightly different as they are still getting the treatments but, it could be that they've had other issues and feel like they know you too well to not explain but may actually not want to, or choosing a cheaper option etc.

You feel you were close to them, just send a little text, note, call etc - don't be disheartened if you don't hear back that's business and unfortunately we've all got to have a really thick skin and just get on with it :)

When in hospital for operations/procedures they insist you have no colour or anything else that obscures the nails (or any makeup on).

I remember my first stay when I was handed a bottle of acetone & told to take it all off.

It might explain why your client got her hair done but not her nails as she would have known from her previous stay it would all be removed.

Latest posts

Back