Fees for family & friends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcs

Reaction score
What do you charge family & close friends? I was thinking £10-£15 do you think thats right? Im just qualifued and still perfecting my technique so don't feel i could charge full price. What would u suggest? Thnx x

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only just qualified too and I'm going to charge £15 for family and friends (normal price £20) xx

Hi, I'm new to nails (and forums for that matter), but have been wondering the same - be good to get suggestions, thanks x

Hello! I tend to do nails for £15 for family and from £20 for customers xx

Thanks peeps. Im doing first free then charging... x

I do 20% discount.

I completed my course in Jan but was qualified to do shellac in nov, I did a few freebies just to see if they stayed put. But charge my friends £15 £5 discount. With enhancements as they take longer to master again I did a few freebies then went to £25 my full price is £35. They are staying put now so I offer £25 on the first set of enhancements to all including F&F, then clients after that pay normal price. The only person I don't charge a bean is my mum. For me I needed to know my work was lasting and achieved a certain standard, so until I got to that point I didn't feel I could like you charge going rates to F&F or clients. But now I'm hitting those standards my confidence is soaring and my work is well worth my the money. You'll probably find that some more experienced nail techs in your area will charge less, there is always a reason for this. Good luck huni x I hope you're loving it as much as I am.

The not my. Lol

My mum & 2 REALLY close friends pay half price, my aunt pays 3/4 and everyone else pays full. If your doing it as a business then you need to make money. Sometimes I'll give full payers little extras or occasional free bees but I don't do it all the time cos you'll be amazed how even close friends come to expect it!

Karaxxx

My mam & sister - half price
Close friends - full :)

I don't charge for my mum and sister but they don't take the pee and get stuff that much!

Best friends are all half price and good friends are about 20% off, don't underestimate the bookings ur bestos will bring in for you! Especially from their work, families etc xxxxxx

Think of a number....and double it! :wink2:

Honestly though, I do my sisters nails for free, when I am free and as she is a hairdresser she does my hair.
She has been sporting naked nails for weeks and my roots are a disgrace, as paying clients come first!

Think of a number....and double it! :wink2:

Honestly though, I do my sisters nails for free, when I am free and as she is a hairdresser she does my hair.
She has been sporting naked nails for weeks and my roots are a disgrace, as paying clients come first!

I'm the same! My mums are free but we never find time! She's self employed too so we are always busy !

My little sister I said I'd charge £10 for shellac (half price) but I've been exchanging nails for babysitting lol so she's never had to pay.

My SIL and older sis are half price shellac and 1/3 off enhancements. As are my two best friends but they live in another city so it's not that often I do them :)

Xx

Im just too soft, I think.. sister is free, close friends and family are half price.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Close friends, friends and acquaintances are charged full price but I do throw in free nail art. I don't have any family that have their nails done.

Jees, I'm a hard business minded cow lol :D

I do my mum for free (she has my little boy 2 afternoons a week while I'm in the salon. And...well, she's my mum!) but everyone else (sisters, MIL, sisters in law, friends) is charged at full price. Ill do the occasional friend a free shellac for their birthday because some of them - like me! - don't have the disposable income to spend on beauty treatments and it means more for them to have a treat than it costs me in product.

£15.00 for family and friends, before I go public, lol - I have to make some money back I have spent loads x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Free or full price. Nothing in between.

Never charge my mum, sister in law and niece get 30% discount.

Mum and sister in law free, sil is a hairdressing teacher that does my hair always for free and she's a bloody good hairdresser too :)

Then my besties get gelished for £10/£15 but that's only like 3 girls lol and they usually get me a pressie or tip. all my other friends pay full and usually tip too :)
Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back