fibers from wipes in shellac!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephynic

Reaction score
Hi all, after removing cuticles during prep for shellac manicures, i remove with scrubfresh and 'lint free' nail wipes but keep finding small hair/fibers within my shellac, how do you all prep for shellac and which nail wipes do you use? thanks

I have the same problem. I think the plastic backed pads are the best but I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative

Hi all, after removing cuticles during prep for shellac manicures, i remove with scrubfresh and 'lint free' nail wipes but keep finding small hair/fibers within my shellac, how do you all prep for shellac and which nail wipes do you use? thanks

Those so called "lint free" wipes should be banned due to a breech of trade descriptions. They are an absolute mare and have never been "lint free". I stopped using them a while back and switched to the sibel polish remover pads. They come on a perforated roll and you get lots more to the pack than the other rubbish. I had fibres everywhere when I was using the others x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hmm, well I get fibres from the expensive plastic backed pads too. The think I have found that gives fewest fibres is the most expensive type of kitchen paper. Such a shame it doesn't give off a professional vibe.

Those so called "lint free" wipes should be banned due to a breech of trade descriptions. They are an absolute mare and have never been "lint free". I stopped using them a while back and switched to the sibel polish remover pads. They come on a perforated roll and you get lots more to the pack than the other rubbish. I had fibres everywhere when I was using the others x

I thought same, that they are obviously not lint free as they leave fibers all over! rubbish!!! where are the pads you recommend from? id love to try those on your recomenndation? Anything to stop getting little hairs in shellac as its sooooooo annoying!!! thanks lots,

Hmm, well I get fibres from the expensive plastic backed pads too. The think I have found that gives fewest fibres is the most expensive type of kitchen paper. Such a shame it doesn't give off a professional vibe.

The wipes I mentioned are made of paper, might be worth a try x

I thought same, that they are obviously not lint free as they leave fibers all over! rubbish!!! where are the pads you recommend from? id love to try those on your recomenndation? Anything to stop getting little hairs in shellac as its sooooooo annoying!!! thanks lots,

I purchased mine from Rendezvous but I think Beauty Express sell same thing. X

Confused ....

So you pep the nail ,
Cleanse with scrubftesh
Then let it dry before you base coat right?

as the scrubfresh drys on the nails right before you base coat each nail can you not inspect them for lint?

Confused ....

So you pep the nail ,
Cleanse with scrubftesh
Then let it dry before you base coat right?

as the scrubfresh drys on the nails right before you base coat each nail can you not inspect them for lint?

I do inspect at this point and remove loads of fibers but then on application of base coat, more fibers show up, it driving me mad! It is due to wipes as didnt have this problem before latest purchase of wipes but i tend to buy in bulk so was months since last ordered wipes and cant remember where bought previous ones!

Could also be your table towle/ couch roll,
I also replace table towle for each client.
I layer couch roll
After I remove or pep I then take away a layer to get rid of bits ,
Then I do base,

Can you use the wipes for other treatments ? Pedis or something and buy some better ones for with shellac?

You shuld be able to find where you bought last ones on an invoice from supplier? Do you keep these for tax right? X

I get the same thing and it drives me mental!!!! It really hinders my treatment and I would love to find an alternative.

I actually read a thread about using the more expensive kitchen towel. I might try this and the beauty express ones too. Thanks girls, had a mental block there... Happens a lot on Sunday's

Could also be your table towle/ couch roll,
I also replace table towle for each client.
I layer couch roll
After I remove or pep I then take away a layer to get rid of bits ,
Then I do base,

Can you use the wipes for other treatments ? Pedis or something and buy some better ones for with shellac?

You shuld be able to find where you bought last ones on an invoice from supplier? Do you keep these for tax right? X

Yes will try an aternative and use these for pedis etc, and yes i do keep invoices but are presently with accountant so cant look back through at the moment so figured would simply ask on here what people are using!!!

I've spent a fortune on 'lint free' products that aren't. I've taken to cutting up Bounty paper towels in the size I need. Inexpensive and truly, NO LINT! :)

I actually read a thread about using the more expensive kitchen towel. I might try this and the beauty express ones too. Thanks girls, had a mental block there... Happens a lot on Sunday's

Ha ha yes me too!!! ill give the kitchen roll a go too, i think it was the cnd gauze pads i had before so going to order some more to see if it was!

I've spent a fortune on 'lint free' products that aren't. I've taken to cutting up Bounty paper towels in the size I need. Inexpensive and truly, NO LINT! :)

This seems to be the way forward! going to try it! Cud also have festive paper at xmas!!! ha ha x

with your lint free pads if you've got hold of the pad by the flap right at the end were it joins to the pad and scrub the first 5 nails then turn the pad around and hold the pad at the other side and scrub the other hand, with the scrubbing motion it fluffs up the pad but if you turn it round after each hand it prevents fluff on the nail. (if you dont understand ill try take a picture to show you better)

if using kitchen roll make sure your sufficiently scrubbing the nail not just wiping it! Its called SCRUB fresh for a reason :) x

I use nail pads by Essie.

Comes in an orange box, works amazing and literally no fibers :)

I was using Bounty paper towels because I was having the same problem with the "lint free" pads. They worked well, but not perfect. I have since switched to the Soft Landings 4x4's and they are amazing!

Latest posts

Back