Quantcast

Fibreglass repairs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

'chelle

Reaction score
Hi

I've just bought an INM "try me" silk wrapped in glass kit today, as I would like to be able to do natural nail repairs. I have not had any formal instruction in fibreglass, I do intend to do the creative Fabric conversion some time next year. Anyway, in the meantime, I'd like to be able to offer repairs, so I bough this kit from Creative today.

Now, I've read the instructions, and already I'm not keen. Firstly, the instructions say to remove shine from the natural nail with a 180 :confused:, then it says to remove dust from the clients hands with a brush, which I was taught never to do as dust accumulates in the brush and becomes unhygienic.

I'm going to have a play, and I will follow the instructions, replacing bits where I feel it appropriate (eg replacing the 180 grit for 240 on the natural nail).

Has anyone got any tips or advice regarding fibreglass application, or do you honestly think I should get proper tuition before I even attempt repairs with this product?

Thanks for your help

loubylou

Reaction score
Fabric is so easy to use and gives fantastic results but i would advise that you get the correct training first as you have already met with problems hth

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
I do intend to do the creative Fabric conversion some time next year.
Fabric# was a Designer Nails product, not Creative, unfortunately it's been discontinued.

then it says to remove dust from the clients hands with a brush, which I was taught never to do as dust accumulates in the brush and becomes unhygienic.
I always use a dust brush, it was taught on my Brisa course, providing you sanitise the brush correctly you won't have a problem.

Has anyone got any tips or advice regarding fibreglass application, or do you honestly think I should get proper tuition before I even attempt repairs with this product?
The best advice I would offer you is the same as Louise, get yourself trained before you start using the products.

hth's

'chelle

Reaction score
No more Fabric with Creative???:cry::cry:

Never mind, I shall book some 1 to 1 time to get some instruction on the fibreglass.

Thanks for your advice ladies.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
No more Fabric with Creative???:cry::cry:

Never mind, I shall book some 1 to 1 time to get some instruction on the fibreglass.
It wasn't ever a Creative product, although it was distributed by Hyperion.

Have you contacted Sweet Squared to see if they are offering another brand of fibreglass?

Latest posts