Fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepdene

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently investigating what training I do next. I'm interested in fibreglass/silk nails. can anyone give me a rough estimate of how long a full set of fibreglass/silk nails would take to do? And maybe the time for a maintenance time?

Thanks in advance.

Not much help to you but im also interested in doing these. Can any1 comment on the benefits on these systems compared to acrylic and gel. xxxxx

In actual fact, Fibreglass wraps, or even wraps in general, are not really any quicker to complete than L&P. In fact I reckon that in expert hands L&P would win hands down.

There is in fact no advantage to using wraps instead of L&P if you are enhancing the nails.

Wraps are not stronger, they are not colour stable, they break down much faster with age, and new sets are needed more frequently.

After an initial 'honeymoon' period, you really do have to polish wraps to keep them looking 'clean' and they are time consuming if you want to 'build' a different shape into them and you can't do any of the disguising type of makeovers that you can offer with opaque powders or gels which are much more versatile.

HOWEVER :lol: there is one area in which wraps reign supreme, and that is when you use them for practically invisible natural nail repairs. For clients with natural nails who need a repair there is no more natural way to mend or replace a broken nail than a beautifully applied wrap; for this reason alone, every professional nail technician needs to know how to do wraps and to have this skill in his/her repertoire.

Another handy thing which is part of the FG system, that I personally could not live without, is a bottle of Resin Activator ... how any nail tech can survive without Resin Activator in her 'bag of tricks' I do not know; it ranks right up there with Nail Fresh and comes in handy for so many things.

Hi, just curious to know what you use your resin activator for as you said you use it for so many things i wondered if you had any handy tricks!!:):idea:

Thanks for the info everyone, given me something to think about.

In actual fact, Fibreglass wraps, or even wraps in general, are not really any quicker to complete than L&P. In fact I reckon that in expert hands L&P would win hands down.

how any nail tech can survive without Resin Activator in her 'bag of tricks' I do not know; it ranks right up there with Nail Fresh and comes in handy for so many things.

My mistake, I meant to say they were faster to learn. :hug:

I'm curious to what trick you do with the resin activator? Anything you want to share?:green:

Latest posts

Back