Fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicksonkate

Reaction score
Just starting my class in fibreglass and I'm having a hard time getting the strips down smooth. Any tips and/or suggestions?

Hi Kate,

When removing the backing paper from your Fibreglass, use the shiny side on top of your Fibreglass, and gently press it down, by starting at the top of the nail, and going from side to side as you go down to the free edge.

Always leave your margins at the side walls etc, then squeeze one bead of resin at a time,lay your bead of resin just below the cuticle at the top of the nail, squeeze the shoulders of the resin bottle, so the resin is drawn back into the bottle, then use the nozzle flat, to gently push your bead of resin, up and then side to side, similar to polish application. Rotate your clients finger as you work down the nail, and tip it ever so gently downwards. You should only use 2 maybe 3 beads of resin per nail, dependant upon the nail size.

Then Activate about 8 cm away, so as not to cause a heat reaction. Only do this once the whole hand is ready to be activated.

I always do 2 coats of resin on the natural nail first, then lay the fibreglass, then resin on top, this way you can get clarity of the nail, rather than cloudy, but it also depends on the quality of the fibreglass, Backscratchers is the best imho

I hope that helps xxx

Thanks so much for the tips :)

Your welcome x

Hi ladies I did a few silk applications yesterday for my portfolio .. Anyway I found that after a while my resin (brush on) started to go hard. I applied resin first activated then silk resin then another resin and activated only when all nails where done ... Am I not waiting for the resin to completed activate once I sprayed the activator? (Seems to be lots of activation in my story) lol any help would be great 😊 oh it's the edge silk activator and resin, I do plan to get the bigger bottle which has the nozzle but can only find asp at my local beauty store so will have to order from the nail company as I'm guessing mixing brands is bad 😁? Thanks you x ( member of the 34 club 😜)

Hi ladies I did a few silk applications yesterday for my portfolio .. Anyway I found that after a while my resin (brush on) started to go hard. I applied resin first activated then silk resin then another resin and activated only when all nails where done ... Am I not waiting for the resin to completed activate once I sprayed the activator? (Seems to be lots of activation in my story) lol any help would be great 😊 oh it's the edge silk activator and resin, I do plan to get the bigger bottle which has the nozzle but can only find asp at my local beauty store so will have to order from the nail company as I'm guessing mixing brands is bad 😁? Thanks you x ( member of the 34 club 😜)

Hiya, your problem is using activator, then using your resin again and your resin brush is picking up some of the activator from the enhancement , which you then introduce into your resin bottle... (what a mouthful....lol)

As previously stated you really only need to activate once per nail, when it's complete. If you feel the need to activate between layers....don't use brush on resin. Hth :)
Sent from my GT-P5210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi sass thank you.... So arm I do resin
Silk
Resin
Resin
File/white block
Is that incorrect?
I went and got a bigger bottle yesterday so I can use a nozzle 😊 thank you again x

Hiya...

Everyone has their own way of applying silk/fiberglass. I personally would recommend you watch the Backscratchers video over on Youtube, It works for me. Their system is excellent and highly recommended.

As I say, if your using a brush on resin.....activate once at the end of each finger application. Hth :)

Thank you... I'm gona head over now to watch it.
I did fibreglass yesterday with the nozzle and it was much better 😊 x

That's great....like I said...... everyone has there own way, prefer different resin etc.

Nowadays, I use hard gel ( NSI Balance ) with my silk/fiberglass for repairs, much stronger, better control etc

You will find your own preferences no doubt and won't look back :p

Lol I'm sure I will but appreciate the advice.. Thank you xx

Lol, you're more than welcome... if you have anymore questions feel free to message me xx :p

Aww thank you 😊 x

Latest posts

Back