File and paint only manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
Question ....

If you offer a quick file and polish do you not do any cuticle work at all? Can you still do a good paint job?

I've been asked to do six ladies at a party and I think I'll have to do really quick prep but I'm worried that the finish could be poor.

What do you do? Many thanks x

I don't think I could bring myself to polish a nail with having done the cuticle work first. Always, always do full prep other wise your work doesn't look professional, tidy or good and that's not the image you want anyone to have of your work x

No I wouldn't because then your in the realms of an express mani , that's not what they have asked for nor what they want to pay for I would imagine!? After I do my file I always wipe over the nail with a lint free pad with a little non-acetone nail polish remover on it to make sure the nail is free from filing dust & oil, most of the time ladies that have this fine tend to have cuticles that are relatively ok, if they are really bad you could suggest that they finish would look better with a little cuticle work? HTH X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't think I could bring myself to polish a nail with having done the cuticle work first. Always, always do full prep other wise your work doesn't look professional, tidy or good and that's not the image you want anyone to have of your work x

I know what your saying & I feel the some! It goes against my professionalism of wanting to do a proper job, but also I feel I need to cater for everyone which is why it is one if the services I offer :)

Thank you ladies. It's for a hen party and there are 6 ladies who want a manicure. If I do full pep I'm not sure I'll fit them all in. I suppose it depends on the condition of their nails. It's an opportunity for me to get new clients so I want to do a good job. Hmm.....

My file & polish includes cuticle work too. I use Vinylux and to get the full 7 day wear prep is essential. As already said, I too wouldn't feel right not doing cuticle work, it doesn't take long, but makes all the difference to the end result!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

A file and polish is just that,tell the host the ladies need a good nail plate to polish and they need to do that themselves,for a nice finish,I did a charity event where it was file and polish, i had a Q all night,no cuticle work was done,all happy clients,have faith in your self

I did a hen party a week back I did 15 ladies in just over 3 hours. All had cuticle work and I did a good clean job.

Sanitize hands, quick application of cuticle remover, file all nails, by then cuticle dissolve is working, quick push back of all cuticles, remove with quick spray soapy water, paint, next one in.

I have done pamper evenings where I have done shellac every 30 mins including a very quick push cuticles back and tidy up. Give the nails a quick file around free edge, push cuticle back scrub fresh and polish, you will be fine and under pressure you will be surprised at how many you can do!!

Thank you ladies! X

Does anyone offer a simple polish change for clients who want this between manicures? Trying to decide on what to offer - I'm unsure about file & polish too as I don't think I would be able to leave the cuticles if they were really needing done!!

Sanitize hands, quick application of cuticle remover, file all nails, by then cuticle dissolve is working, quick push back of all cuticles, remove with quick spray soapy water, paint, next one in.

Would this process be a normal file and polish then? I'm just finishing my level 2 nail services but am still unclear on what file and polish actually involves

What I have for a file and polish on my price list includes cuticle work, with cuticle away it takes literally minutes more! And I know I wouldn't pay £10 for a file and polish id be happier with paying if the cuticle work was done I think It makes it look neater but if it's not what they are paying for don't do it xx

Hi Lielash

What kind of a bottle do you use for spraying to remove the cutice away? And is it a mix of normal hand soap and water?xxx

Does anyone offer a simple polish change for clients who want this between manicures? Trying to decide on what to offer - I'm unsure about file & polish too as I don't think I would be able to leave the cuticles if they were really needing done!!

I know it is hard to stop from touching the cuticles, but I do tell myself that this is the treatment they have chosen, maybe because of time , sometimes because of price, if they are bad I do suggest an express manicure. I do offer just a polish/French polish change but in all honesty I do so much shellac, clients rarely have a regular polish anymore so I don't have much call for it, but I think it's nice to cater for everyone :)

My ethos on this is as follows: few people have nice cuticles so most need a push back, if it only takes a few minutes and makes the overall look much better then why not offer.
They will be walking out with your work on their nails, so I want it to look the best it can in the limited time. I would much rather add the cuticle work and have a happy clients who thinks I'm a miracle worker because of a quick push back / rather than painting on a nail with no work because even those not in the industry will think they look rubbish.

Latest posts

Back