File and polish on 10 year old

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
I have a client and her niece coming into the salon for a file and polish each next week, and she has just e-mailed me again today asking:

"how much will the file and polish be for myself and my niece on Thursday? As mentioned, she's only ten and has little hands!"

All my prices are clearly stated on my website and it's obvious to me she is wanting me to charge less for her niece as she is only little! Might i add that i don't have child's prices on there as i don't usually have children having treatments!

What would you do about this?

I would still charge what you normally charge I know they are little fingers but you can put money on one gettin messed up before she leaves the salon and will want it redoing which is more time lol

Hi

personally I would charge whatever your list price is. We don't charge different prices for manicures according to the size of our clients hands and nails, so why should you make an exception for a child.

There are full grown adults who naturally have very small nail beds. As there are adults with very large nail beds. I bet you don't charge less for the smaller, or more for the larger. Age shouldn't be a factor in pricing. If you are lucky she will be careful and patient, but even some adults aren't!

I would charge regular pricing. If the lady says anything, I would just reiterate that you charge per service, not by size or age.

I guess it doesn't matter what size of hand she has, the same amount of work is still going to be carried out to achieve the fniished look?

I have a client and her niece coming into the salon for a file and polish each next week, and she has just e-mailed me again today asking:

"how much will the file and polish be for myself and my niece on Thursday? As mentioned, she's only ten and has little hands!"

All my prices are clearly stated on my website and it's obvious to me she is wanting me to charge less for her niece as she is only little! Might i add that i don't have child's prices on there as i don't usually have children having treatments!

What would you do about this?

God u could u imagine if she came in for a bikini wax and u said sorry love ur twinkle is a little larger than most I will need to charge u an extra £5! Ha ha ha!

i would charge what your price list says saves problems in the long run
sazza x

My prices are the same no matter what size you are; however, I do offer a small percentage discount to children that bring me good report cards from school. I use the opportunity to not just encourage good work in school (because the more good marks they have the bigger the discount), but also to educate them on proper handwashing techniques and nail care.

God u could u imagine if she came in for a bikini wax and u said sorry love ur twinkle is a little larger than most I will need to charge u an extra £5! Ha ha ha!

lol

In the way that thin clients are not given a discount for spray tanning, I would charge the regular price x

How funny lmao.
agreed though, charge your normal price.

I charge £5 for a childrens polish but Its a basic quick file and polish. And I will only do a childrens polish if the mum is booked in also, so do the child first and tell them they need to sit very still and not move while mum is getting her nails done.

I would charge normal price hun, just because her nails are smaller, doesn't mean they should be cheaper! In my experience tiny nails are harder to do anyway! And as someone pointed out earlier, the chances of smudges are a lot higher with children! Good luck :lol:

lol

In the way that thin clients are not given a discount for spray tanning, I would charge the regular price x

This. I love that! :)

How about if you say to the lady that if you do the whole mani process which takes 45 mins (or whatever you normally take) it will be the regular price as its the amount of time that governs the cost - let say its £25.00

OR

If she's happy for a quick file and paint taking 15-20 minutes you can do it for £15.00

Then she has a choice and you're not the baddie and its good customer service.

Jacqui xx

LMFAO!!! omg that is hilarious!! :D x

I know a lady who has the tinniest nails I have ever seen, they are the same size as my 8 yr olds.

She still gets charged normal rates.

It has nothing to do with age and nail size, if your price is X, then it's X for that service, no matter what.

This client is just trying it on to see what she can get out of you, stick to your guns and charge whatever you normally would for this service on an adult.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

There was just huge furor here in the States recently because a woman was charged an extra $5 at the end of her service for being overweight. They said her size made them have to use more product and posed a risk to their equipment. Talk about lawsuit!

I heard about that story (all the way here in Australia)!!!

I agree, that's just got law suit written all over it, especially in today's world where every one is so aware of equal rights.

But in saying that, I think it's pretty much the air lines that are the ONLY ones who get away with charging larger people extra and they key word being...they get away with it.
I think it's disgusting but somehow it's allowed to continue.

It's a shame the really skinny people don't get charged less for taking up less room hey:)

I would just keep the price the same hun! Some adults have the same size nails as children and can often involve more work! Plus she will probably wriggle etc so for the work involved I would keep it the same!

If she and her daughter went to cafe would she expect her daughter to be served lunch for free, for being smaller!???

I would just keep the price the same hun! Some adults have the same size nails as children and can often involve more work! Plus she will probably wriggle etc so for the work involved I would keep it the same!

If she and her daughter went to cafe would she expect her daughter to be served lunch for free, for being smaller!???

Not free but normally smaller meal, smaller plate for smaller price .. so Mum could let her child choose from child's menu or choose from regular menu and pay regular price.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back