File issue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louge

Reaction score
Im experiencing a problem with the life span of my files recently. On the last few rebalances Ive done and on my Masters exam (L&P) my files seem to be blunting really quickly.
I normally use a new hotshot file for a rebalance and it lasts no problem but at the minute they are going blunt before I can finish reshaping and refining all 10 nails (getting to about 6/7). My product is no thicker than normal and Im holding my file correctly and using the full length of it. In fact Im not doing anything different to what I normally do.

Was wondering if it was anything to do with the recent heat wave we've had as this caused a major problem in my Masters exam. I cant think of anything else? Any ideas?

funny you should say this!!
i have thought whoah, im going through my files rather quickly!!!
would be interested if there is any evidence that its the heat on this subject

Me to!!! I know that using chloer spray to sanitise my abrasives really does not help ther life span, does anyone else know of any other sprays etc.

I dont think that its the chlori-spray, are you dusting your files off before spraying to remove debris as this makes them blunt.

I wondered about the heat as on the Master application it was a new set and the heat seemed to be curing the product as apposed to just setting it.
The other set that I rebalanced today was done about two and a half weeks ago when it was also really hot, which is the only connection I can make.

I'm having the same problem with my HOT SHOT files but its winter here....

So are u guys saying that we shouldnt brush off the dust before we spray and sanitise the files?

sorry Dom dont think my post was very clear. Yes you do need to remove dust off the file before spraying otherwise it will clog the file making it less effective

I use black grit files. I brush off the dust and wash them in warm soapy water and the chlorispray them and I must say Ive not had a problem.

Just thinking out loud,so i may be well off the mark here but,could it be down to the fact that the heat means the product is setting quicker and is therefore harder when it comes to filling ???????

Could they have changed the make up of the files at all? Seems odd that everyone is having these probs whether it's hot or cold!

Nsi files are amazing, give them a try they last for ages.

Ask your distributor, maybe they have changed their supplier and or abrasive paper manufacturer. If you have an old one maybe you can pull the paper off it and see if the inside print has changed, the inside of the paper usually has the manufacturer and grit stamped on it.
Seems odd you guys are all having the same probs.

Latest posts

Back