Finding staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonRee

Reaction score
I have advertised here at salongeek a few times, but with no luck. Where else have people tried? Is gumtree worth the 30 quid?

I don't think you have to pay on gumtree. Well when I've placed ads on gumtree I've not paid.(but that's been for nail services)
Try your local job centre, also google hairdressing & beauty salons I think there is a website where lots of beauty & hairdressing jobs are advertised. If all else fails but a ad in the salon window x

To advertise a job you have to pay..... :-(

Have you advertised in your local papers job section? This would be my first port of call, i know its costly but it really is a big investment in your business finding the right staff.
Also how about asking at your local wholesalers, they may know of other customers in the industry looking for work. X

I'm not aware that we even have a local paper anymore......I certainly don't get one.

I don't use a local wholesaler either!

Ha ha......perhaps gumtree is worth a go then!

Print out descriptions and give them to wholesales. I'd steer clear of Jcp, when I was there last they told me to go into a care job even though I said I know the people I would be looking after wouldn't have the care try deserve because my heart wouldn't be in it.
There was a programme on channel 4 with a woman showing the types of applications she's had, one said "I'm looking for a job as NANNY, I can do this job as I am a good listener as work hard. Please consider me for NANNY..." the letter was a template with the word nanny copied ad pasted, it didn't make full sense.
She gets a higher quality of applicants from posters in coffee shops and being creative with her ideas to find new employees. Best of luck xoxo

Have you considered job centre? X

To advertise a job you have to pay..... :-(

I've advertised for staff before with gumtree at no cost. You do get a lot of replies so be prepared for that. I asked for fully qualified to hnd level and got cvs from everyone from those with the required level to those who hadn't even started at collage so be prepared. Good luck

You could also try the local collages if you're looking for a junior or student. Hope this helps

Have you tried advertising at some of the professional beauty supply places like Capitol Hair and Beauty or others similar like that?

We're do you advertise on here for a job? X

I used the job centre plus, but expect a lot of useless applications. One of my therapists who is an absolute star applied via the job centre website :)

Here are you :) x

Where about*sorry

Latest posts

Back