First attempt at Shellac - a practice before my course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bex_w84

Reaction score
Hello!

My kit arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to have a practice on myself!

I used Tropix but i think it could have done with a 3rd coat for better coverage of the free edge??

My course is booked for next week so hoping to pick up lots of application tips :)

Hi, You haven't provided a picture for us to critique xx

430652_233380403425428_210229942407141_454290_2002756635_n.jpg

Last edited:
ooops img a bit big - unsure how to resize x

I think your application looks good, on the ring finger looks perfect, maybe just need to sharpen the line on the middle and little fingers as it looks like it's touching the cuticle and that would cause lifting if you did this on a client.

You'll learn more on your course but for a first go, the application is good. The real test though will be seeing how long they last as this is obviously one of the main things with Shellac is to get at least 14 days wear out of them. Good luck with your course. Shellac is awesome :)

Yes I weren't happy with my lines on those fingers either...I did my mums yesterday and were much better - no toddler hanging round my heels :)

I've had Shellac on before, around xmas and only got a week out of them..I work in a bar and had to change barrells and didn't help my precious nails...I refuse to go down the cellar now!
x

Latest posts

Back