First attempts at Shellac and Dashing Diva

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo101

Reaction score
As a newbie I just wanted to share with everyone my attempt at shellac and diva on myself. I had done this on my friend first, but although I know its thin to win, I think I was over cautious and applied the shellac too thinly. Also did not put nail glue to the nail before applying the diva. As a result 4 of the diva's came off my friend within the first day!! This is my second attempt on myself so I can observe it over the next few days. Any comments (good or bad) would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know if you can polish over shellac? Someone asked as she is going on holiday and wanted to know if she fancied a change of colour on her nails whether she could polish over the shellac and remove with acetone free remover?

Any advice again would be appreciated.

Thanks xx:rolleyes:

Attachments

• shellacdiva180611.JPG
    shellacdiva180611.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 746
Bit hard to see in close up detail but they look fine to me, however, I dont do DD only shellac. Not sure but index finger looks like there is quite a big margin left at the bottom? may just be the piccie tho!

Yes you can paint over shellac just make sure when client takes polish off they use non-acetone nail polish remover.

Karaxxx

I can't imagine why anyone would want to put polish over something as beautiful as shellac. the whole idea is for it to be perfect for 2 weeks. if she goes messing with it, how can you guarantee the shellac will stay perfect? she could accidentally use polish remover with acetone.

just being devils advocate.

As a newbie I just wanted to share with everyone my attempt at shellac and diva on myself. I had done this on my friend first, but although I know its thin to win, I think I was over cautious and applied the shellac too thinly. Also did not put nail glue to the nail before applying the diva. As a result 4 of the diva's came off my friend within the first day!! This is my second attempt on myself so I can observe it over the next few days. Any comments (good or bad) would be much appreciated.

Also does anyone know if you can polish over shellac? Someone asked as she is going on holiday and wanted to know if she fancied a change of colour on her nails whether she could polish over the shellac and remove with acetone free remover?

Any advice again would be appreciated.

Thanks xx:rolleyes:
I love what you done with Dashing Diva French Tips and Shellac :) I am waiting on Dashing Diva to arrive and I use Gelish so i guess i will be DD & Gelishing together.
I hope my first attempt turns out as good as yours ! You did a great job !
I have painted over my Gelish with regualr polish but i didn't paint it to have a change, i was practising my smile lines free hand...LOL.... so i didn't leave it on, i took it off with non-acetone remover and my Gelish stayed just fine, however, i agree whether you have Shellac or Gelish it's way too pretty to cover up with regular polish. Some people just want a change i guess.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to put polish over something as beautiful as shellac. the whole idea is for it to be perfect for 2 weeks. if she goes messing with it, how can you guarantee the shellac will stay perfect? she could accidentally use polish remover with acetone.

just being devils advocate.

Personally, I always use polishing over shellac as a last resort. When a client has a specific color they want that is not available thru shellac, that's when we opt to polish over. But I always explain that the polish will dry and wear like polish over enhancements and that the best way to go is always with the shellac color line. As far as removing, I encourage them not to. Lol ;) ::hug::

I have just started using dd and these are fab ! !!!! X

Personally, I always use polishing over shellac as a last resort. When a client has a specific color they want that is not available thru shellac, that's when we opt to polish over. But I always explain that the polish will dry and wear like polish over enhancements and that the best way to go is always with the shellac color line. As far as removing, I encourage them not to. Lol ;) ::hug::

You've not tried layering with Shellac alone? I seriously could make every colour of the rainbow with it. Almost.

Could someone run through the process of dd with shellac - cos I know the dd has to go on a clean unpainted nail first ???

Could someone run through the process of dd with shellac - cos I know the dd has to go on a clean unpainted nail first ???
Hi have a look in the DD and Shellac groups there is loads to help you in both hth x

Do you think there is any difference in wear when it comes to enhancements? I think my clients get a good two/three weeks with ordinary polish on enhancements anyway so I can't see the point of adding Shellac/gel polish. I'm also not sure my clients would be prepared to pay for both services.

Do you think there is any difference in wear when it comes to enhancements? I think my clients get a good two/three weeks with ordinary polish on enhancements anyway so I can't see the point of adding Shellac/gel polish. I'm also not sure my clients would be prepared to pay for both services.

I wouldnt do shellac over an enhancement period. not color or clear. It's not necessary. :) but, to keep armoring natural nails with shellac when another color is requested, that's when we opt for clear shellac topped by the desired polish color.

:green: I love Shellac so much because you can go over it with nail polish. I'm not allowed to wear any colour in my job, but my nails get absolutely hammered at work in and out of water all the time. I use clear shellac and then if I'm going out for the evening I paint over the top. My nails really are fantastic. I get so many comments asking if they are real. I love Shellac to bits because my nails have never looked sooooo good and strong. I seriously need to shorten them but at the moment just don't have the heart to. Lol I'm sooo vain about them. Don't get me wrong tho when on holiday I apply coloured Shellac and wouldn't go over it for the world!!! xx

Sorry not been on for a while, been so busy! Which is good I suppose:)

Big thank you to everyones comments on my shellac and dashing diva. So glad everyone thought i'd done a good job. It really does help with my confidence, so thanks again.

Is it true that s2 isn't stocking dd anymore? If so does any one have ideas on other suppliers?

hi hun think i read on this site ellisons are.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back